Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUSINESS CREDIT REPORTING

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BUSINESS CREDIT REPORTING

Hello All-

I had another question...I wanted to know which card WILL NOT REPORT TO MY PERSONAL CREDIT? Please advise and make a list if possible so I'll know. Thanks in advance!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BUSINESS CREDIT REPORTING

What's your goal with the card?  Rewards?  Balance transfer?  0% interest?  Travel perks?  

What's your personal FICO8 scores look like?  Just because some business cards don't report to personal, they may still inquiry your personal reports so if you have poor personal credit, you may not get some or any business cards.  How is your business credit score?

Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure as to what my business credit score is. I'm not buying the DNB program just to get the Paydex; I am not sure if I have anything on EXPERIAN or EQUIFAX business reports. The business is 10 years old, but I really didn't do anything with it for a while. Now, I'm starting to do more with it and I know my DNB is good because I got approved for 293 lines with AT&T, and they told me that is what they use. So I am trying to build. I don't mind PG'ing a few cards just to get started with some decent limits; I don't want to do a NET terms account for $1000.00. I'd rather pg, get good cards with CASH BACK or TRAVEL PERKS, and go from there. So if anyone knows the answer to this, please advise because I'm trying to make a list, do some research, and do my apps within the next 2-3 weeks. Thanks in advance for your help! 

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

take what you read here with a grain of salt, but its not too hard to read a few posts and see which business cards don't report to personal credit reports: amex, chase, boa, fnbo, us bank, wells fargo and others

its probably easier to say almost none do except capital one and td bank

Message 4 of 9
fltireguy
Valued Contributor

Business cards that report to business ONLY, and are fairly easy to get approved for..

Sams Club.. MC or store card

Amazon store card (APR is only 12%)

Lowes commercial credit (NOT the AMEX card)

NFCU $60.4k/PenFed $22.5k/Commerce $15K/53 $11K/Synovus $14K/BBT $11K/CapOne $12K/DCU $7.5K/BMO $7.5K/Chase $14.5k/Cabelas $10K/ and many many more!
Total CL $398600, plus car and RV loan.
Ooh. Ooh. Getting closer to that $500K mark!
Message 5 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Personal experience:

Amex, BofA, Citi, and Chase don't report to personal credit unless you default, but do pull a copy of your personal report to PG the account.

Based on reports I've read:

Capital One does report to personal

US Bank and WF don't report to personal

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

HeyRyan do you know if AMEX pulls all 3 for business accounts or will they just pull one? I don't want them to pull my Equifax because I'm buying a home and I do not want an additional inquiry there. 

Message 7 of 9
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

AFAIK, Amex only ever pulls Experian.
Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't want them to pull my Equifax because I'm buying a home and I do not want an additional inquiry there. 

The general consensus is to not apply for credit anywhere until after you close.   You are likely to open a can of worms.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.