Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Gardener - Amex Platinum Business & Hilton Honors Business Approved

tag
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

Bad Gardener - Amex Platinum Business & Hilton Honors Business Approved

So I have a business trip coming up end of March and started to make the bookings and reservations. Amex kept sending me the 100K Bonus membership rewards points for the Platinum, so I figured... heck, why not get the bonus Smiley Happy. Was approved for both Platinum and Hilton Honors Business which also has a 100K bonus points with SL of $18,000. Did them both on Friday, thank goodness no HP for either. I've been a bad gardener, at least the new accounts will not be reported on my personal CR.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bad Gardener - Amex Platinum Business & Hilton Honors Business Approved

Congrats on the approvals.

Message 2 of 8
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

wrote:

So I have a business trip coming up end of March and started to make the bookings and reservations. Amex kept sending me the 100K Bonus membership rewards points for the Platinum, so I figured... heck, why not get the bonus Smiley Happy. Was approved for both Platinum and Hilton Honors Business which also has a 100K bonus points with SL of $18,000. Did them both on Friday, thank goodness no HP for either. I've been a bad gardener, at least the new accounts will not be reported on my personal CR.

Nice going. With that Platinum you're in good shape to go to all the good airport lounges. 

Don't be so sure about the HP,  you'll probably have one show up. But so what, it was worth it.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 8
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

wrote:

Nice going. With that Platinum you're in good shape to go to all the good airport lounges. 

Don't be so sure about the HP,  you'll probably have one show up. But so what, it was worth it.

Thanks. I was expecting a HP, in fact that's why I did the HH because I figured 2 for 1 why not. But... it's been since Friday and still nothing. Fingers crossed.  

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 4 of 8
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Nice approvalsSmiley Happy
Message 5 of 8
theBeardedNerd
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your approvals

Currently in My Wallet:

Auto Loan:

Future Credit Cards:

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Time2letgo wrote:

wrote:

Thanks. I was expecting a HP, in fact that's why I did the HH because I figured 2 for 1 why not. But... it's been since Friday and still nothing. Fingers crossed.  

It's entirely possible that you won't receive any HPs.  A large number of posters that were existing Amex customers, including myself, have been approved for new cards, even business ones, without any HP.  Apparently over a year ago Amex implemented new critieria where they just use exisiting SPs for exisiting Amex card holders' applications.  Hard to beat and something that I wish other creditors would copy.

Message 7 of 8
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymouswrote:
@Time2letgo wrote:

wrote:

It's entirely possible that you won't receive any HPs.  A large number of posters that were existing Amex customers, including myself, have been approved for new cards, even business ones, without any HP.  Apparently over a year ago Amex implemented new critieria where they just use exisiting SPs for exisiting Amex card holders' applications.  Hard to beat and something that I wish other creditors would copy.

I got approved a couple of days ago, and no HP has shown up yet. Hopefully it stays that way Smiley Happy

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.