cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Bal Transfer ..Snail Mail or Electronic...

tag
Andy77
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Bal Transfer ..Snail Mail or Electronic...

I had a lot of my businesses' debt on my personal cards as my business was establishing and with that in mind, I did a balance transfer from one of my personal cards to my BofA business Visa.

On the page where I did the transfer it asked for the mailing addy of the bank, card number, etc.

Does anyone know if they send out the check snail mail or electronic ?

FYI...I see the amount pending on my BofA visa, btw...so I am assuming once it posts, the computer will either send out the check snail mail or electric payment

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Bank of America Bal Transfer ..Snail Mail or Electronic...

@Andy77 wrote:

I had a lot of my businesses' debt on my personal cards as my business was establishing and with that in mind, I did a balance transfer from one of my personal cards to my BofA business Visa.

On the page where I did the transfer it asked for the mailing addy of the bank, card number, etc.

Does anyone know if they send out the check snail mail or electronic ?

FYI...I see the amount pending on my BofA visa, btw...so I am assuming once it posts, the computer will either send out the check snail mail or electric payment

YMMV. If they arent able to do it via online, they will send a check to your bank payable to your account. You would want to provide them with the address on your statement (or in some cases the HQ address which may or may not be on the statement). Depending on the bank and their choice of postal, it may take a couple of days. 

Instead of doing a balance transfer, if your business could cover it, you shouldve written a check payable to you for reinbursments. Probably would be best to talk to an accountant about it though, just so if you get audited you would not take a big hit because of the transfer. 

Message 2 of 3
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Re: Bank of America Bal Transfer ..Snail Mail or Electronic...

IMO I would not mix personal credit with business Credit ..Somehow, it sends a REDFLAG!!
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.