Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America Business Cash Rewards $20k SL Approval

tag
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Bank of America Business Cash Rewards $20k SL Approval

A week ago, I went to my local branch to open a business checking account for the $300 SUB. At that time, I also had an offer for a $500 SUB on this card, but I decided to pass. Yesterday, I figured I'd just take the offer but when I went to the branch, I was told the $500 SUB offer was no longer available, but there was a $300 offer. I said no thanks and walked out.

Then, thanks to DoC, I found a direct link to the $500 SUB and applied. Got an instant approval for $20k at 15.74% APR. 

Business relationship with BofA is only a week old from opening the checking account, but I've had a personal checking for a few years and 2 personal CCs (PR and AS). I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm Platinum in the personal Preferred Rewards program just from deposits into the checking account. I don't keep the money there long, but that helped me qualify unexpectedly. 

Exposure with BofA is now $88.9k between 2 personal CC's plus $20k on the new business card. They didn't take away any CL from my personal CC's to open this card, so I'm at $108.9k total. When I saw the SL, I was expecting to see a reduction on the personal CCs, but luckily, it didn't happen. I suppose the usual $99.9k total limit on CCs applies to personal cards or business cards separately. I'm not sure.

They pulled TU at 759 with 8 INQ's. I'm finally down to 5/24 after a long time. I learned my lesson and waited an additional month after accounts reached the 2 year mark. Under my own calculations, I was at 5/24 last month, but Barclays denied me for the 4th time saying I'd opened 10 cards in the last 24 months. The count resets in month 25 for those who may not know.

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America Business Cash Rewards $20k SL Approval

@imaximous wrote:

... I found a direct link to the $500 SUB and applied. Got an instant approval for $20k at 15.74% APR. 

Great job -- congrats!

Message 2 of 21
imaximous
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@imaximous wrote:

... I found a direct link to the $500 SUB and applied. Got an instant approval for $20k at 15.74% APR. 

Great job -- congrats!

Thanks! Almost settled for the $300 SUB thinking it may not be a legitimate link or only a targeted offer, but confirmed with BofA rep today. Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 21
blindambition
Senior Contributor

@imaximous wrote:

A week ago, I went to my local branch to open a business checking account for the $300 SUB. At that time, I also had an offer for a $500 SUB on this card, but I decided to pass. Yesterday, I figured I'd just take the offer but when I went to the branch, I was told the $500 SUB offer was no longer available, but there was a $300 offer. I said no thanks and walked out.

Then, thanks to DoC, I found a direct link to the $500 SUB and applied. Got an instant approval for $20k at 15.74% APR. 

Business relationship with BofA is only a week old from opening the checking account, but I've had a personal checking for a few years and 2 personal CCs (PR and AS). I'm not sure if it matters, but I'm Platinum in the personal Preferred Rewards program just from deposits into the checking account. I don't keep the money there long, but that helped me qualify unexpectedly. 

Exposure with BofA is now $88.9k between 2 personal CC's plus $20k on the new business card. They didn't take away any CL from my personal CC's to open this card, so I'm at $108.9k total. When I saw the SL, I was expecting to see a reduction on the personal CCs, but luckily, it didn't happen. I suppose the usual $99.9k total limit on CCs applies to personal cards or business cards separately. I'm not sure.

They pulled TU at 759 with 8 INQ's. I'm finally down to 5/24 after a long time. I learned my lesson and waited an additional month after accounts reached the 2 year mark. Under my own calculations, I was at 5/24 last month, but Barclays denied me for the 4th time saying I'd opened 10 cards in the last 24 months. The count resets in month 25 for those who may not know.

Congrats on the fantastic approval. Good DPs for sure. Happy you searched for that link!! 🥳 

Message 4 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations on your approval! 👍

Message 5 of 21
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Thanks for all the valuable info.  Nope didn't know about the reset at 25 months = good to know.

Congrats on your sl and congrats that it was a true sl and they didn't rob Peter to pay Paul.  Always a good sign.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 21
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 7 of 21
mikesonthemend
Valued Contributor

Congrats!

Living through Darwinism is so much worse than learning about about it in school.
Message 8 of 21
NimbusIII
Frequent Contributor

Congradulations on your approval! Thanks for all the DP's

“The man who says he can, and the man who says he can not… Are both correct.”
Message 9 of 21
Traveler101
Established Contributor

Nice, Congrats!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.