Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank of America and business credit bureaus

tag
Bladematthewslp
Valued Member

Bank of America and business credit bureaus

Hello, 

I recently was approved for a business credit card for Bank of America. On the day I applied for the card, I also applied for a US Bank business credit card, but was denied because my business is new and my business does not have a long credit profile with Dun and Bradstreet. Even though US Bank declined my application, Bank of America approved my credit card application.

Will Bank of America report my business credit card activity to any business credit bureaus? I've only been able to find one website that says BOA reports to SBFE, but that was only one website. Does SBFE share business credit profiles with other bureaus such as Dun and Bradstreet? 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Bank of America and business credit bureaus

This chart should help.

Message 2 of 3
Bladematthewslp
Valued Member

Re: Bank of America and business credit bureaus

Thanks. It was actually that chart that prompted me to ask more questions about how Bank of America operates.

I just found another website that says that SPFE passes along its data to other credit bureaus, including Dun & Bradstreet:

"Each of the three business credit bureaus provides its own business credit scores based on the credit reports it generates, as well as each bureau’s individual credit scoring models. The Small Business Exchange (SBFE) is often associated with business credit. However, the SBFE is not a business credit bureau and instead passes along data from lenders to four different credit reporting agencies, Dun & Bradstreet, Equifax, Experian, and LexisNexis, the last of which is not a credit bureau but collects and reports business credit activity."

Source: https://www.seekcapital.com/blog/which-credit-cards-build-business-credit/

So if this source is true, then having your business credit usage reported to SBFE is a sure-fire way to make sure the three major business credit bureaus also receive that data, even if the lender doesn't report directly to those three bureaus. That is, unless the data that those credit bureaus like D&B receive from SBFE doesn't necessarily update your business credit profile with them.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.