cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay business AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard Card Approved!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclay business AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard Card Approved!!!

So I just wanted to post my experience of sending information to Barclay as rerequested by their card service Dept. by mail. About a week and half ago I did some research on the forum and decided to apply for the Barclay Business AAdvantage Aviator Card to help keep my utilization low on my personal credit report. Initially I did not get initially approved. They stated online someone will call me regarding my application. Unfortunately no one ever called. I went online and checked my application status which read they could not extend me a card and the reasons why would be sent to me in the mail. So I figured that I was declined because I have applied to too many credit cards. A few days later I got a letter stating that they needed my SS DL and bank Statement or utility bill. So without hesitation I printed a color copy front and back of my SS and DL with a bank statement with all the pages sent by 2 day shipping from UPS. Then I started reading all these mixed reviews of how people did not want to send in information by mail. So I wanted to clear the air and State that it was ok to send the information by mail. 2 days after they received my information they called me back but I missed the call and returned the call by using a number I found on the forum (18664084064) the rep recognized my number and asked me a few questions to prove my identity. He was able to see that I sent in the information and that my documents were approved and that he just needed to verify some information. He wanted to know if I was employed other than my business, what I did for a living, how much was my salary and how have I been working. After verifying the information he said he was going to look at my credit report. He came back on the phone and told me I had good credit and that he was going to base my SL from the Average of my credit cards. He gave 7500 as my SL which was more than enough. I thanked him and he told me to expect my card in the mail with a few weeks.

So this was my experience and hope that it helps people in regards to sending information in. I have life lock that monitors my credit and personal information. Every inquiry regarding my credit report sends me an alert. So I was not too worried about sending my personal information. Plus I did my due diligence and researched the address and people’s responses in regards to sending information to them. So I hope this helps people out. Now I’m just waiting for November when my 2 years is up and I can apply to the Chase Safire Reserve card because of the 5/24 rule.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
APL247
Valued Member

Re: Barclay business AAdvantage Aviator Mastercard Card Approved!!!

Congratulation.
Went through same process ID SSN UTILITY BILL,4 days later got the call from them 11k approved. Doesn’t make any sense to me because I already had an Arrival Plaus at 20k.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Which credit Bureau did they pull?
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Transunion, but they did want me to send information to them like a copy of DL and SS
Message 4 of 6
red259
Super Contributor

They pulled TU for me too when I got this card. What is the rule about getting the bonus again on this card? Do I need to close it and wait two years to app? Does barclays flip out if you close a card in less than a year? I don't see why they should because I paid the AF up front so they got their money for the year anyway. I'm just thinking if closing the card resets the clock maybe I should close it sooner than later. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok I plan on applying once my TU inquiries fall off next month. What limit did you start off at?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.