cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclay's Business credit card: Anyone ever apply or have any experience?

tag
Focker69
Regular Contributor

Barclay's Business credit card: Anyone ever apply or have any experience?

Hello all,

I'm preparing to apply for some business credit cards. I've been in business for over five years and I have a 780 credit score. Low utilization, nice trade depth, low inquiry count. I, as i would imagine everyone would, want to try to optimize and maximize my applications to yield the most and best types of business credit cards. I currently bank with Bank of America. I am looking to get the maximum amount of credit as possible. Any suggestions would be beyond appreciated including how many apps can I do in the first round and if it's advisable to do it all on the same day, etc...

Many, many thanks in advance!!

Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Barclay's Business credit card: Anyone ever apply or have any experience?

@Focker69 wrote:

Hello all,

I'm preparing to apply for some business credit cards. I've been in business for over five years and I have a 780 credit score. Low utilization, nice trade depth, low inquiry count. I, as i would imagine everyone would, want to try to optimize and maximize my applications to yield the most and best types of business credit cards. I currently bank with Bank of America. I am looking to get the maximum amount of credit as possible. Any suggestions would be beyond appreciated including how many apps can I do in the first round and if it's advisable to do it all on the same day, etc...

Many, many thanks in advance!!

1. I wouldn't do it on the same day, because some bank might, after granting you a card, later close your account if it sees aggressive credit-seeking behavior.

2. Your heading refers to Barclays, and IMHO they are poison. I would advise you to stay away from them.

3. I would say that your best bets for quality business cards are Chase and Amex. I can't speak from personal experience about Chase, because I'm not good enough for them yet, but their Ink cards are among the best. Amex has a nice assortment of useful cards.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 7
Focker69
Regular Contributor

I appreciate the reply. I was also looking at BoA, US Bank and Citi... Not sure how good Discover is but thank you for the reply.

Hoping to hit 700 soon!
Message 3 of 7
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Focker69 wrote:

I appreciate the reply. I was also looking at BoA, US Bank and Citi... Not sure how good Discover is but thank you for the reply.

Discover is to be avoided because it will report to your personal credit.

Citi doesn't have a lot of business cards.

BoA is ok, I have a couple of their business cards.

US Bank I have no experience with.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 7
Rgudino1717
Contributor

From my experience I think that chase would be your best bet. It was my 2nd business card and it's the highest limit card for me. Got one from BoA and one from AMEX afterwards and they were both much low limits.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Focker69 wrote:

want to try to optimize and maximize my applications to yield the most and best types of business credit cards. ... I am looking to get the maximum amount of credit as possible.

I've cut the above from your original post as that seems to be your goal.

If you want lots of cards with relatively high limits for bragging rights, that's probably achievable with your score if your income supports it.

The most business cards doesn't seem like an advisable goal.

The best types of business cards is very subjective as we don't know anything about your spend or if value cash back, travel rewards or low rates.

The maximum amount of credit possible for what?  How will you use this credit?  If your card limits grossly exceed your ability to spend what good is it to have the maximum amount of credit possible.  Do you possibly need a line of credit or loan?

I would think changing your heading and giving the group some better idea of what/how your business spends and what you value might yield some informed posts.

Message 6 of 7
smvmny

As others have mentioned, Chase and Amex are probably the best business cards. I just got my first US Bank business cards and they matched my highest limit card after a 2 day review. Below is a link to my post with all the data points for cards I applied to. Hope it helps.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Business-Credit-Card-data-points-UPDATED/td-p/54322...

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.