Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Business Pulls EX + TU

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Barclays Business Pulls EX + TU

Just a heads up for those applying for a Barclays business card.

Although Barclays always pulled TU for everything, with my personal cards, when I made a business card application they pulled EX AND TU.

Had I known they would pull EX, I wouldn't even have bothered applying at this time, because my EX score is 75 points lower than my TU score.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Barclays Business Pulls EX + TU

I don't think they did that on my partners.

Might be like Chase, sometimes they just pull 2.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They only pulled TU for me.

Message 3 of 11
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Do you have their business cards?  PS, where do you find those?

Signature needs updating
Message 4 of 11
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

They backed the usair before AA.
They have Hawaiian now too I believe
Message 5 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I believe they only have 2 and it's not easy fo find their links.

JetBlue & Hawaiian Air

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the 'process' of trying to get one.  Applied for the business JetBlue and was initially declined because I have 'sufficient credit' with Barclays.  I have a whopping $31K with them which is far less than other banks.  Called recon and CSR went over my credit report quite a bit and at end said he was recommending a mind blowing $5K approval but business services had final say.  Just got letter in mail from them saying that they need various documents to proceed further. Stuff for business types other than sole proprietor.  At this point I'm about to just drop it as its so much easier dealing with other banks.  Someone else told me that if I really want the card I could close out one of my other ones (AA and SM) and then they would auto approve if I tried again in 6 months.  Not ready to do that right so we shall see.

Message 7 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm in the 'process' of trying to get one.  Applied for the business JetBlue and was initially declined because I have 'sufficient credit' with Barclays.  I have a whopping $31K with them which is far less than other banks.  Called recon and CSR went over my credit report quite a bit and at end said he was recommending a mind blowing $5K approval but business services had final say.  Just got letter in mail from them saying that they need various documents to proceed further. Stuff for business types other than sole proprietor.  At this point I'm about to just drop it as its so much easier dealing with other banks.  Someone else told me that if I really want the card I could close out one of my other ones (AA and SM) and then they would auto approve if I tried again in 6 months.  Not ready to do that right so we shall see.

Since it's a personally guaranteed card, I don't see why they have to be such a sticky wicket.

Message 8 of 11
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I had a SM card, I would keep it. It's discontinued and not offered any longer.

I'm on the fence with AA... because if you don't travel the AA doesn't offer much benefit to offset its annual fee.

Were they willing to let you reallocate the credit line(s) in order to make room for the JetBlue card?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditUnionFan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Imperfectfuture wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If I had a SM card, I would keep it. It's discontinued and not offered any longer.

I'm on the fence with AA... because if you don't travel the AA doesn't offer much benefit to offset its annual fee.

Were they willing to let you reallocate the credit line(s) in order to make room for the JetBlue card?

Yeah I'm torn.  I have far too many AA cards (4 in total) now but I do use them (cards and airline a lot).  Plan on getting rid of few this year but Citi makes it difficult to close one of their cards beause it restarts the 24 month wait period and thats even bigger now that theyre going to limit you getting only one of their AA cards every 2 years.  I like the Barclays because they give you 3X miles for AA airfare vs 2X for Citi.  Also now that theyre going to again offer AA cards starting in November I'm reluctant to give this one up now because I can use that credit limit for any new AA card.  TAnd I agree about the SM card.  Until they nerf that card I'm not closing it.

To actually answer your question the analyst never brought that up or even offered it as solution.  I'm just shocked that they find the $31K I have with them to be 'sufficient' when I have $75-85K with Citi and Chase.  Just dont think it would have been that big of deal to give me a $5K card without much hassle.  Thats something I havent experienced with Citi, Chase, Amex or BoA in getting their cards.  I guess that's just Barclays for you.  Honestly it's not that huge of a deal for me but I hate being declined (dont we all) and I have never even flown JetBlue but have heard great things about their airline and theyre expanding flights as well in the DC area.  I can live without the card and its not worth jumping thru hoops to get.  I'm more focused on Monday when the The Chase Reserve card comes out.  Now thats one I really want and probably will have to reallocate some of my chase limits to get it as I think I'm getting close to their internal limit for me. I have no problem giving up my CSP to get this card and 100K UR points.

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.