cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Barclays Hawaiian Business Card (Currently in verification)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Barclays Hawaiian Business Card (Currently in verification)

GF and I are planning a trip to Hawaii in May 2021 (hopefully COVID has blown over by then) and wanted to fly Hawaiian specifically for the experience. Found the 70K business card SUB and decided to go for it.

Application came back saying they will call for more info but the status page said denied so we called into recon and spoke to the credit analyst who said he's going to recommend for approval with a 1K limit but we first need to speak to another department (fraud/verification now that we have called).

They asked for DL, SS card, and utility bill but we opted for bank statement because my GF is the primary on the card and her info is not on the utilities. 

My question is whether the credit analyst "recommending for approval" actually means anything. The status check still shows denied and fraud mentioned nothing about approval contingent of submittal of these documents. I wanted to see if anyone had the same wording mentioned by the credit analyst. 

We faxed the info and are going to check back with them tomorrow in hopes that everything is acceptable and she can get the card. Appreciate any insight!

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Re: Barclays Hawaiian Business Card (Currently in verification)

In my experience, recon have been straight shooters. If they recommended for approval, then you have a decent chance. 

ps, does Alaskan Airlines fly to Hawaii from your home airport? They have a card with good perks. Companion fare is pretty valuable imo. 

https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mileage-plan/frequently-asked-questions/faq-companion-discount-cod...

Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yeah we were considering Alaska air but wanted the bigger A330 that Hawaiian flies and to try them out as an airline. 

We're debating whether it makes sense to fly first class or not. LAX-HNL. The seats are lie flat but the flight isn't crazy long (just under 6 hours) and all are morning flights so we wouldn't really be sleeping except for a nap possibly. The difference of miles is quite a bit so we're still debating. 

Either way, I'll provide an update as soon as we know that they received her docs and reviewed!

Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my honest opinion, I wouldn't fly first class for that short of stint. While 6ish hours is a long time for anyone to just sit there and wait, especially if it's a bit cramped. I much rather save that class for longhaul flights where you'd actually need to sleep 8 hours. It actually goes fairly quick after a couple movies and a nap. I say this as a west coaster, not someone departing from deeper inland of course.

As for Hawaiian Air experience eh, it's about run of the mill so you're definitely not going to be wowed by it. Of course it varies by the staff working that flight/day, and whether it's towards the end of their shift or the beginning of it. 

By the way might I ask your DP's since they only offered $1K SL?

Good luck on the application!

Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous Honestly I am very surprised by such a low limit she was (potentially) offered. 770 TU, 1 inq April 2019, 5 accounts - 3 Chase, 1 Amex, 1 Disco.

AAoA 2.4 years

oldest 3.8 years 

Income average

Business revenue was a bit low but I've seen approvals way higher than 1K SL even with low business revenue.

She just called and the fraud department said they still hadn't reviewed the docs and cannot confirm if they received the documents until after the review team reviews them. So basically she's in limbo still. They said to call back later this week. Fingers crossed!

Message 5 of 18
bourgogne
Valued Contributor

sorry for the trouble but when you couple boh with barclay you get what you pay for.  I would not waste 1st on a ~6 hr flight esp on that piece of equipment.  in another life I spent a lot of time on hawaii and the only thing i can say is mauna kea, now THAT is worth the money

Message 6 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

I used to have the Hawaiian Business Card and we flew Hawaiian twice. The first on points from the card (to Kauai), the second (to the Big Island) mostly on vouchers from the first trip. Had we not had the vouchers I would have flown a different airline. IMO - "run of the mill" is generous to describe Hawaiian. In 2008 when we went to Maui we flew Delta and had a great experience. This was all out of LAX.

When I applied for the Hawaiian card my scores were high 700's and the business was a $28 million company. Original limit was $5k that I was able to get increased to $25k some months later. If I recall it took about 2 weeks from application to verification to approval.

Message 7 of 18
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous  $1000 SL is the lowest I have heard of BOH Barclay Business Hawaiian Air Travel Cc. Fingers crossed for you and your GF! 

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@sccredit What is your reasoning behind Hawaiian being lower than "run of the mill?"

We love Delta but are choosing Hawaiian to be on a bigger plane and experience a different airline. 

Message 9 of 18
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Delays and service. I don't travel nearly as much now but in the past I was flying about 120 days a year, on multiple different airlines depending on destination. In the 6 flights we had with Hawaiian in a 13 month period not a single one was on time. In flight service was hit or miss. Just my experience. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.