Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Business Credit Cards

tag
Yj002
Established Member

Best Business Credit Cards

There are lots of posts about Chase Business Credit Card here in the forum. What type of business credit card do you have and love? Does anyone have the Amex Business Plum Card? 

15 REPLIES 15
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

Re: Best Business Credit Cards

I don't Have a business credit card. When I'm ready to apply I'm looking at  Cap 1 Spark, or Chase Ink. I wasnt aware of the Amex Plum. You don't hear much about it. I'm also interested in seeing some replies. 

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 2 of 16
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

If you have your sights set on the Chase Ink cards, there's the 5/24 rule to be aware of - that if you have five or more new credit cards within 24 months, the application will be denied on those grounds.

There are forum members that have the Ink Plus, Ink Cash, Amex Simply Cash, Amex Simply Cash Plus, and other business cards. Some credit unions also offer credit cards to business owners. The magic of the Amex Plum is that there's an early pay discount. 

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 3 of 16
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Yj002 wrote:

There are lots of posts about Chase Business Credit Card here in the forum. What type of business credit card do you have and love? Does anyone have the Amex Business Plum Card? 

I have the Capital One Spark, the American Express Simply Cash, and the American Express Business Platinum Card.

The Capital One Spark is my favorite so far.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 16
grillandwinemaster
Valued Contributor

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Yj002 wrote:

I have the Capital One Spark, the American Express Simply Cash, and the American Express Business Platinum Card.

The Capital One Spark is my favorite so far.

Why is Cap 1 Spark your favorite? That's the one I'm leaning towards getting, so I appreciate your input. 

Thanks SJ!

Current Scores 3/2016 Equifax 676 Transunion 697 Experian 648 Goal Scores: 720's accross the board. Gardening Goal: 3/2017
Message 5 of 16
twanswife916
Contributor

@grillandwinemaster wrote:

I don't Have a business credit card. When I'm ready to apply I'm looking at  Cap 1 Spark, or Chase Ink. I wasnt aware of the Amex Plum. You don't hear much about it. I'm also interested in seeing some replies. 

Im considering Cap1 Spark since i already have their student card. The only thing thats stopping me is the fact they require PG. I had planned on app for the QuickSilverOne for personal use but I dont know if I app for one will they deny me for the other since they claim you can only app every 6 months.

BK7 Discharge 7/2014
BK13 Filed 06/2019 Gardening til 2023 Fico 8 Aug'22 EQ: 568 EX: 608 TU: 567 Goal: 680 AAOA: 42mo INQ: 9
Message 6 of 16
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

I have 2 American Express Plum cards (2 different companies), 1 Business Platinum card and I just recently got the SimplyCash Plus card.

Plum Card - My company requires a need for a real card with real buying power, not some low limit credit card with a ridiculous APR. And this card allows us the major buying power we need (high six figures per year and our internal limit is set at over $100K) in addition to the 1.5% early pay discount and deferred payment option. Awesome card!

Platinum Card - Love the concierge and use it all the time! Again, a card that also provides real buying power that increases over time.

SimplyCash Plus - Decent rewards program and expanded buying power. This card is bascially meant for you to go over your set revolving credit line. My limit is $10,000 but I can easily charge over $20,000 without a problem. Another great card!

These are my favorites. Hope this helps.

UM

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 7 of 16
driftless
Valued Contributor

Uncle,

I am not familar with Amex's Simply Cash card but looking at Amex's site it looks like it would be a strong contender if you are considering a Spark card.  I assume that it does not report as personal like the Spark card does?

Driftless

CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 8 of 16
driftless
Valued Contributor

Found my answer: it does not.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have the Capital One Spark card. It's a great card that gives you 2% cash back on all your purchases. I defnintely recommend it!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.