Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Option for a low interest LOC

tag
601flyguy
Established Contributor

Re: Best Option for a low interest LOC

Why not just use ally for commercial? They don't HP personal side. 

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 11 of 23
TryItAgain
Regular Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Ok with my recent GM Business CC and high SCL...I would like to get 1 more line of credit for my business that will be used for a vehicle purchase. No I am not looking for a business car loan, too many variables and not looking to get dinged 30+ times on inquires. I am narrowing it down to another SBA loan or what other options others have used without getting a car loan. 

FYI I already have a Business LOC with Wells Fargo, but it will never used due to the low limit and APR

Have you tried Citizens Bank yet? It's a soft pull personal and business Experian. I asked for 50k and approved for 50k at 10.24%, likely left a lot on the table but 50 is good enough for me.  They did tell me they do counter though so maybe shoulda asked for more, oh well.   Not the best rate of what I already have but not aweful either.  Only reports on business credit and Interest only minimum payments really make it a nice BLOC to have on hand when needed.

Just remember, their business credit card and BLOC are both soft pull.  However, any other lending product they offer is a hard pull, loans etc. The link for the BLOC app is here https://www.citizensbank.com/small-business/loans/line-of-credit.aspx

They did charge a one time $450 origination fee, but thats not too bad considering it' s not annual.

Happy Hunting.

(Ch7 Discharged 12/12) AvgScore 807

Personal-
NFCU Platinum 50k | NFCU Flagship 20k | NFCU More Rewards 10k | NFCU NavChek PLOC 15k | PenFed Power Cash 25k | PenFed Gold 15k | PenFed Pathfinder 10k | PenFed OLOC 3K | GTE Financial CU 15k | VyStar CU Cash Back 25k | VyStar CU PLOC 15k | FNBO Evergreen 25k | FNBO 11.85K | BofA Cash Rewards 10.1k | Capital One Venture 13k | Capital One QS 7k | PNC Cash Rewards 15.5k | Citi Costco 8.5k | US Bank Cash+ 10k | Discover 14.8k | Discover 14.1k | Regions Cash 6k | Truist Enjoy Cash 9k | Truist Future 6.5k | Elan Max Cash 7k | Wells Fargo Reflect 20k | Fifth Third 7k | USAA PrefRew 15k | CFNA Tires Plus MC 8k | GM Rewards 3.5k | TD Bank Cash 3.5k | Amex BCP 3K | Lowes Store 30k | Sleep Number Store 13.5k | Home Depot Store 10k | Amazon Store 10k | Care Credit 15k | Walmart Store 6k | JCrew 25k | Jared 18.6k | HSN 4.1K | King Size 4k | Buckle 3.1k

Business-
Amex BBC 25k | Amex BBP 22k | Amex Business Platinum NPSL 30.4kPoT | Citizens Business Everyday 35k | Sams Club Business MC 25K | US Bank Business Plat 24k | Capital One Spark 2% 22k | Marcus GM Business 12.5k | Capital On Tap 2% 10k | Chase Ink 3k | Divvy 7k | PNC BLOC 50K | Citizens BLOC 50K | (Private) BLOC 75K | WEX Business Access Fuel 30k | Sams Bus Store 25k
Message 12 of 23
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

Never heard of them? Do they PG?

Message 13 of 23
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Ok with my recent GM Business CC and high SCL...I would like to get 1 more line of credit for my business that will be used for a vehicle purchase. No I am not looking for a business car loan, too many variables and not looking to get dinged 30+ times on inquires. I am narrowing it down to another SBA loan or what other options others have used without getting a car loan. 

FYI I already have a Business LOC with Wells Fargo, but it will never used due to the low limit and APR

Have you tried Citizens Bank yet? It's a soft pull personal and business Experian. I asked for 50k and approved for 50k at 10.24%, likely left a lot on the table but 50 is good enough for me.  They did tell me they do counter though so maybe shoulda asked for more, oh well.   Not the best rate of what I already have but not aweful either.  Only reports on business credit and Interest only minimum payments really make it a nice BLOC to have on hand when needed.

Just remember, their business credit card and BLOC are both soft pull.  However, any other lending product they offer is a hard pull, loans etc. The link for the BLOC app is here https://www.citizensbank.com/small-business/loans/line-of-credit.aspx

They did charge a one time $450 origination fee, but thats not too bad considering it' s not annual.

Happy Hunting.

I have a personal CC from Citizens $8k SL and hasnt moved in 3 yrs, they denied me for a PL at the same time and did 2 HPs. Im in AZ and I think they still havent changed the states they allow Business products in as the personal CC didnt matter 

Message 14 of 23
601flyguy
Established Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

No PG and doesn't report to personal credit. It does report to biz credit. You have to tell the dealer you want to finance through ally commercial and they will print a app. It was actually fast and easy. 

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 15 of 23
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@601flyguy wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

No PG and doesn't report to personal credit. It does report to biz credit. You have to tell the dealer you want to finance through ally commercial and they will print a app. It was actually fast and easy. 

Oh I think I did look at this company before and I think they are very specific to dealers or areas you can get vehicles from? 

Message 16 of 23
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@TryItAgain wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Happy Hunting.

Well I took the plunge lol....Maybe they changed states now? I got some interesting feeback from the intial pass. My Industry is a higher risk, my company scores where good and my own personal repayment was in excellent. Hmmm lets see what happens as I asked for $100k.....Yeah $450 wouldnt be bad, but I am hoping if they do approve me the APR is below $7%....Because at the moment I am credit great

Screenshot 2022-09-27 163219.png

Message 17 of 23
601flyguy
Established Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@601flyguy wrote:

Oh I think I did look at this company before and I think they are very specific to dealers or areas you can get vehicles from? 

I think they are nationwide. Use city and state. Search by zip code shows no results. 

https://www.ally.com/auto/dealer-locator/

2019 Spend Summary
$944,008 Amex BRG
$91,953 Amex SC
$58,351 Discover It
$50,046 BofA CR
$36,146 Amex PRG
$6,774 Cap1 QS
$963 Amex CM

$1,188,241 Yearly Spend
Message 18 of 23
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@TryItAgain wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Happy Hunting.

Well I took the plunge lol....Maybe they changed states now? I got some interesting feeback from the intial pass. My Industry is a higher risk, my company scores where good and my own personal repayment was in excellent. Hmmm lets see what happens as I asked for $100k.....Yeah $450 wouldnt be bad, but I am hoping if they do approve me the APR is below $7%....Because at the moment I am credit great

Best of luck @AzCreditGuy 

I've found Citizens to be great to work with though they don't do anything fast so I wouldn't expect a 24-48 hour turnaround.  My initial app took almost a week as did the SP CLI I request 6 months later.  

Message 19 of 23
AzCreditGuy
Established Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

@TryItAgain wrote:

@AzCreditGuy wrote:

Happy Hunting.

Best of luck @AzCreditGuy 

I've found Citizens to be great to work with though they don't do anything fast so I wouldn't expect a 24-48 hour turnaround.  My initial app took almost a week as did the SP CLI I request 6 months later.  

Yup, they were so straight foward with my personal CC and loan products....To grant me a CC and deny me a loan lol...I just wish they did SP for personal CCs as well. I find it interesting how lax they are with business products vs personal, thats good for business owners

Message 20 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.