tag
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Best business card for starters?

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex SimplyCash Plus.

Leaning towards that the most. Before I pull the trigger I still want to browse around

Does anyone have any experience with Citi business, or PNC?  

Let me just say something about Amex Simply Cash and Amex Simply Cash Plus. I have found them not to be as great in practice as they are on paper.  I find that too many purchases which should be getting the bonus points aren't. For me the 3% and 5% rewards have been more illusory than real.

Can you list some places that should be getting rewards for a specific category that aren't with the SCP?

I haven't done much with my SP one, and wasn't planning to get one with the new corp incarnation but on paper to your point it is still attractive.

        
Message 11 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up SouthJamaica.

Keeping that in mind and based on other responses I will probably still lean into Amex, but other suggestions to look at are always welcome!
Message 12 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

For what it’s worth, I’ve had the Simply Cash Plus for a while now and haven’t had any problems with the rewards.

As with other cards too, it’s all in how the merchant is coded.
Message 13 of 33
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

How is US Bank? Are they difficult to get approved for?
Message 14 of 33
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Amex SimplyCash Plus.

Leaning towards that the most. Before I pull the trigger I still want to browse around

Does anyone have any experience with Citi business, or PNC?  

Let me just say something about Amex Simply Cash and Amex Simply Cash Plus. I have found them not to be as great in practice as they are on paper.  I find that too many purchases which should be getting the bonus points aren't. For me the 3% and 5% rewards have been more illusory than real.

Can you list some places that should be getting rewards for a specific category that aren't with the SCP?

I haven't done much with my SP one, and wasn't planning to get one with the new corp incarnation but on paper to your point it is still attractive.

I'd rather not get into specifics, but the biggest culprits were advertising, office supplies, and computer/internet.

For me they turned out to be fake. One time I counted $400+ on advertising and got bonus points on $35.

Office supplies... I don't think I've ever gotten a bonus point.

Computer/internet... I use various internet services, never get bonus points.

The only bonus category that seems to work is shipping.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 15 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats always good to know as I would probably be spending alot on shipping merchandise

Message 16 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

also another question, when closing down a personal account and opening a business credit card account how much of a hit am I expecting my CR's to take?

Message 17 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

It will depend on several factors, the age and CL of the acct. you're closing. As it will affect overal utilization. I would suggest closing it after any app you intend to do though. Also, I've heard that CCC's don't really like it when you close an account under 12 months old.

@SouthJamaica wrote:

I'd rather not get into specifics, but the biggest culprits were advertising, office supplies, and computer/internet.

For me they turned out to be fake. One time I counted $400+ on advertising and got bonus points on $35.

Office supplies... I don't think I've ever gotten a bonus point.

Computer/internet... I use various internet services, never get bonus points.

The only bonus category that seems to work is shipping.

Where is it used, could it simply be the code merchants are using?

One reason I was interested in Simply Cash was for office supplies, Staples Or Office Depot. Seems obvious that they would earn bonus points? Or even used at Quill and Uline, who also sells office supplies.

Also wanted it for 5% on wireless telephone services. But I assume I would have to open a biz account with my Carrier, not use my current cell? The more I research the harder it gets to narrow down. Have to decide between SC+ or Bonvoy, and whther I want savings on daily spend or to use for Hotel stays.

Message 18 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

closed my marriot bonvoy card and applied for the Simply Cash Plus card, filled out  app as sole proprietor and was asked about projected revenue.

FIlled it out and submitted, got the 14 day review message. really hoping its not a denial, im unsure on financials as the business is still essentially brand new so revenue is slow to statrt but im already working on expanding

Message 19 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got email, denied.

I guess i will try to recon
Message 20 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.