cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best business card for starters?

tag
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Best business card for starters?- update: approval!

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to post an update on my Simply Cash Plus application:

Spent the day chasing AMEX departments since i hadn't heard anything back since my initial online application denial on 3/6.  Using the phone # on the denail letter I called to dispute,  I was run around 4 different parts of under writing and new accounts departments(yeah..dont ask..the amex reps were just as confused as i was).

Finally got ahold of the new accounts department and explained my application denial and reasons i believed were wrong for the millionth time, and after a 3 minute check the rep finally said i was approved for a $2k SL.  I also told her that all my balances are in good standing and I have never missed a payment on ANY of my Amex cards since becoming a customer and that i closed down a personal card to open a business per other amex reps  .  It's not big but just happy I was approved. I do plan on putting a decent amount of spend through the card for string purchases, tennis stringing machine and possible travel expenses that would happen once in a while.  The stringing machines are roughly the price of my SL new and just about the same used

Are there factors that would persuade me to try and call in to request a slightly bigger SL once i physically receive the card to call in?  At the moment I have a baddie due to fall off EX very soon..trying to get it removed this month and EQ in May.   And i have a 2 year old Cap 1 account that was 60/90/120 past due.

Congratulations.

If I were you I'd stay off their radar, and just work at creating an enviable record with them.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 31 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SouthJamaica wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to post an update on my Simply Cash Plus application:

Spent the day chasing AMEX departments since i hadn't heard anything back since my initial online application denial on 3/6.  Using the phone # on the denail letter I called to dispute,  I was run around 4 different parts of under writing and new accounts departments(yeah..dont ask..the amex reps were just as confused as i was).

Finally got ahold of the new accounts department and explained my application denial and reasons i believed were wrong for the millionth time, and after a 3 minute check the rep finally said i was approved for a $2k SL.  I also told her that all my balances are in good standing and I have never missed a payment on ANY of my Amex cards since becoming a customer and that i closed down a personal card to open a business per other amex reps  .  It's not big but just happy I was approved. I do plan on putting a decent amount of spend through the card for string purchases, tennis stringing machine and possible travel expenses that would happen once in a while.  The stringing machines are roughly the price of my SL new and just about the same used

Are there factors that would persuade me to try and call in to request a slightly bigger SL once i physically receive the card to call in?  At the moment I have a baddie due to fall off EX very soon..trying to get it removed this month and EQ in May.   And i have a 2 year old Cap 1 account that was 60/90/120 past due.

Congratulations.

If I were you I'd stay off their radar, and just work at creating an enviable record with them.

thanks, thats my plan, just aiming to be able to get a CLI on it around the 61 day mark as I'll be putting quite alot of biz spend on it for supplies and needing to pay it off very frequently

Message 32 of 33
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Congrats! You beat them into submission! 😁

I’d lay low too.
Message 33 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.