Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best business cards for "good" score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best business cards for "good" score

Sitting around 650-660 right now on EX/EQ.  Just paid off a bunch of balances, waiting on Transunion to update sometime this century.......they are so incredibly slow. .

Anyway what are some good business cards for that score range? 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Best business cards for "good" score

I think your best chance of approval in that score range is Cap1 Spark Classic, not much options until you bring the score up.  Also, keep in mind that Cap1 is the only lender who reports business cards to your personal CR, many, myself included, do not like this as business cards are usually managed differently than personal cards.  For example, I have an Amex SimplyCash Plus (20k CL) that I put between 5k - 10k  on monthly for inventory, it would destroy my credit utilization on my personal CR unless I pay down the balance prior to statement cutting like I do with personal cards, which does not make business sense.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I think your best chance of approval in that score range is Cap1 Spark Classic, not much options until you bring the score up.  Also, keep in mind that Cap1 is the only lender who reports business cards to your personal CR, many, myself included, do not like this as business cards are usually managed differently than personal cards.  For example, I have an Amex SimplyCash Plus (20k CL) that I put between 5k - 10k  on monthly for inventory, it would destroy my credit utilization on my personal CR unless I pay down the balance prior to statement cutting like I do with personal cards, which does not make business sense.

Thanks I will try that Cap 1. Interesting to know about the reporting, but honestly I have no problem with them doing that and mixing it in with my personal. I mean my personal credit is what is going to be backing the card initially right? I have never had any business cards, so no credit history. I will be able to pay it off every month before it reports anyway. 

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks I will try that Cap 1. Interesting to know about the reporting, but honestly I have no problem with them doing that and mixing it in with my personal. I mean my personal credit is what is going to be backing the card initially right? I have never had any business cards, so no credit history. I will be able to pay it off every month before it reports anyway. 

If you can manage it properly, it will not affect your score other than the inquiry and new account opening.  Good luck.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

When I applied for Amex business after getting Amex personal card, the approval was instantaneous. If you have Amex, try any of their charge cards.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.