Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best flat rate business cash back card?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Best flat rate business cash back card?

My accountant wants me to put all my business purchases on business credit cards. But, so many of my business expenses don't fit into bonus categories. I have a flat 2x MR Amex that I currently use for my general expenses that don't fall into category spending, but the only 2% card I can find is spark. It comes with a yearly fee, but I could get a double cash card and have no fee... But its not a business card.

What is the highest flat rate card, with and without fee?
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Best flat rate business cash back card?

@Anonymous wrote:
My accountant wants me to put all my business purchases on business credit cards. But, so many of my business expenses don't fit into bonus categories. I have a flat 2x MR Amex that I currently use for my general expenses that don't fall into category spending, but the only 2% card I can find is spark. It comes with a yearly fee, but I could get a double cash card and have no fee... But its not a business card.

What is the highest flat rate card, with and without fee?

Seems to me the best card for your purpose is Chase Cash Unlimited. 1.5% cash back.

Spark's downside is (a) reports to personal credit (b) Cap One often triple pulls

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 2 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

American Express Blue Business Plus is 2 points for first $50k a year.

Message 3 of 4
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

How is your business organized?   Are you a schedule C filer, an LLC, An S-corp or a regular C corporation?

The reason I ask is I am guessing your accountant wants you to use one card exclusively for business so there is no co-mingling of personal expenses and business expenses.   It shouldn't really matter whether the card itself is personal or business in how it is set up.    If you are essentially putting a charge on your personal card (employee business expense) and having he company pay the card (reimbursement), you should be fine with IRS.   

Accountants sometimes ask for stupid things or aren't clear (and I have a degree in accounting).

I would not switch from a 2% or 3% cash back card (like Alliant) in order to satisfy my accountant with a crappy 1.5% card.   

As long as the expenses are really for business purposes you should be fine if you get audited.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.