Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Biz Amex / Personal Amex

tag
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Biz Amex / Personal Amex

Does anyone feel that having a relationship with AMEX with a personal CC is a positive towards eventually opening a biz Amex CC ?

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Re: Biz Amex / Personal Amex

I was approved for personal Amex 7 years post BK discharge and Business Amex less than a week later.  For me it didn't matter.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 2 of 5
Aloha808
Contributor

It didn't matter for me. I've only had Amex biz cards, nothing personal. All applications approved (knock on wood that it continues).

Just make sure to follow Amex's application rules.
Active: Retired:
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I think it doesn't hurt to have an established personal credit relationship but it's certainly not a requirement. In my case, my business Amex credit was established 11 years prior to acquiring personal credit cards with them.

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

For me it didi, as I had no existing Business Credit. So it wnet to review, hours later I was approved. I'm pretty sure that it was due to my very good personal Credit, and relationship with them. Otherwise I'm sure they would have asked for all my Biz financial info.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.