Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue Business Plus Sign Up Bonus Question

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Blue Business Plus Sign Up Bonus Question

Hey everyone,

I was looking into the Amex Blue Business Plus. I'm completing the Amex Trifecta (Platinum, Gold, and BBP). I got the BCP in May, The Platinum in August, and the Gold in late August. 

My questions are:

1) How do you get targeted for the BBP's sign up bonus besides referrals?

2) Should I pull the trigger and apply as I am in day 110 since the last card?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Blue Business Plus Sign Up Bonus Question

1) Unless you're targetted by AMEX I do not think there is any other way of reliably getting the SUB offer on the BBP. If you have a friend or spouse with an AMEX might as well help each other out throwing a referral your way. It doesn't have to be specifically the BBP card to get referred any card will do, you can change it to another card

2) You should be good to go if that's the case

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

1) Yeah. I don't know what criteria that Amex follows to be targeted. I know for the Platinum, they aim for new customers. I am totally unsure of the BBP. It seems pretty random.

2) Does Amex care that I am getting 2 charge cards and 2 credit cards in less than 1 year?

Message 3 of 5
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

1) It does. Doctor of Credit had a direct link to the BBP 20k offer but can't tell if it's dead or not. When I tried it said the offer was no longer available

2) If you're keeping them and you get no pop up for being denied the SUB if/when you apply then no. If SUB isn't a concern it's almost a lock since you're already a cardholder with other cards already

Message 4 of 5
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

I know I was targeted a few months ago with an email for either of the Blue Business cards and 20k/$200 bonus and I ignored it for a few weeks before pulling the trigger(said offer expired 12/31/19). I went to apply finally and they had pulled the offer from my account. Maybe a week later it showed up in my BCE offers again and I did it there instead and was approved. I don't think it's too rare as long as Amex likes you. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.