Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BoA Alaska Airlines Business DPs

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BoA Alaska Airlines Business DPs

Does the Alaska Airlines business card report on your personal credit reports? Does BoA double pull like Chase for credit apps? Is it true that one can apply for multiple cards and get the sign up bonus multiple times? Thanks in advance. 

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BoA Alaska Airlines Business DPs

@Anonymous wrote:

Does the Alaska Airlines business card report on your personal credit reports?  - Not unless you default Does BoA double pull like Chase for credit apps? - Typically they only pull one bureau Is it true that one can apply for multiple cards and get the sign up bonus multiple times?  - BoA has instituted 24 month language to the personal AA card but as of right now, these is none for the business card.  They are definitely cracking down on churning their cards so YMMV in regards to getting multiple cards. Thanks in advance. 

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Irish80.

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Cogito74,

I recently acquired the Alaska BoA biz card so will offer a mix of my own experiences and general info I've read through 'trusted' sources

I have two statements and neither have reported to my personal credit.  

BoA can double pull from what I've read, however my credit applications have been single pull. 

-When I applied for personal credit 3 years ago - Experian, single

-When I applied for business credit in December - TransUnion, single

BoA was a little bit tricky with the application.  They like to do a combo application, where you apply for the checking/savings/credit card in one application.   They wanted me to apply for the standard Cash or Travel cards but I wanted the Alaska if I was going to get a card.  They said I could apply for the Alaska afterwards.  I was notified a week or so later that I was approved for both the Cash and Alaska cards.  It was still 1 hard pull

so far I have 2 statements and nothing on personal reporting.  I read on BoA site that they deal with Equifax Business.  I have not checked my business credit to see but that's all I can offer up for now.  

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Slowbut850sure.

I do not have a relationship (banking account, loans, nor credit cards) with BoA. Getting this card could establish the relationship. Hopefully, they will increase the sign up bonus soon and then I will apply.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

No problem, not sure we can expect an increase in SUB. It's pretty solid at 30k + companion fare

I've read historical data showing 40k for personal card but have not seen it on biz.
BoA biz cards kinda lame compared to personal IMHO. both cards I have don't have Apple Pay compatibility and don't earn coins like personal cards. The 0% is cool but only for Cash and Travel and only for 9 months and I do not think avail for BT. Plus it seems the SUB has a 60 day clock versus standard 90 day. The biz Asiana is noticeably tamer than personal except for the vouchers which are clearly aimed at true frequent travelers. So personally not feeling the vibe that BoA would increase SUB on biz Alaska
Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I stand corrected - BoA just bumped up both the personal and business card SUB to 40,000 miles.  I'm jealous, does BoA do SUB match?  I opened up 2 months ago.  

good luck on your application

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am not sure whether they do SUB matches. Thanks for the update. I did not know they increased the SUB!

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Has anyone actually go this card through Instant Approval with/without a prior relationship to BoA? 

Message 9 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied two days ago and my application went into pending. I called today and they wanted to verify information. I am a new company formed in December 2018. I was asked the following:

1. How long have you been in business?

2. Is this business full time or part time? 

3. How long have I been in the industry?

4. Why can’t I find your website?

5. Would I send them my Articles of Organization?

I was placed on hold after each question with the website question being the longest pause. I thought for sure it would be a no. I explained that my domain name was purchased but I had not sert up website. She said she could not find my business with Secretary of State and would I fax a copy. They want to verify that it matches my address. I said that it wouldn’t because I use a registered agent. She said I could file an amendment with my state to change it to my address. I faxed the articles over and will wait 48 hrs before calling again. She did say I was conditionally approved for $10k. 

When I received app pending, I started researching and saw that BoA likes to have a prior relationship. My prior relationship was a car loan gone south a decade ago. I will provide an update when I get final answer. 

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.