Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Business Card Payment Question

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

BofA Business Card Payment Question

Screen Shot 2019-04-04 at 7.18.31 AM.png

Got a question regarding paying my BofA Business card as it is very strange how it shows up as an account as many of you know.. I made a payment like a week ago for a trivial amount of approx $50 on the CORP Acount - Business Advantage Travel portion as you can see as the balance is lower than the Business Advantage Travel Rewards section where it shows a higher balance.  I assume since the only place you can really pay is under the CORP account is that where you pay as about to pay off the other approx 350 and wanted to make sure I was doing it correctly.  Reason I ask is the lower section doesnt reflect the payment from last week.  Does this happen at statement and will show it being zeroed out if I pay the full balance of the CORP account off?  Thanks in advance for people familiar with BofA Business card.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Business Card Payment Question

Pay it at the corp level.

Until the statement cuts, the "lower section will not reset"

Message 2 of 5
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Pay it at the corp level.

Until the statement cuts, the "lower section will not reset"

Appreciated.. Kinda what I thought, but that begs to question.. Lets say you have the Travel Card and say Alaska AA card both under the same Corp level and entity/corp.. One has a balance of say 2k and another has a balance of 1k.  You want to pay 1.5k to the 2k balance and 1k to pay off that 1k balance how would the system know how to do that?  Just strange how it is set up.

Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

you will have two corp accounts if you have two different cards

tempsnip.jpg

Message 4 of 5
Rgudino1717
Contributor

The way BoA handles credit cards is unnecessarily janky. To pay a certain card you have to get the account number of that corp account, go to "Bill Pay" tab between Accounts and Transfer|Send, and then payment center. 

If you have multiple cards it'll still just show one. If it shows the correct one (shows last 4 digits of acc number under BoA Business card link) then just pay that one, but if it doesn't then click on the "Bank of America Business Card" and it'll show the last 4 digits of the current account number and just click "change" and past the account number of the card you want to change. Then it makes that one the default and if you want to pay the other one you have to change it to the other account number. 

If anybody knows of a simpler way let me know pls :/ Got a late payment when I got my 2nd card when the payment was due because I thought I had paid it on time, but I had just paid for the wrong account. 

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.