Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BofA Business and Personal CC are only 1 inquiry

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BofA Business and Personal CC are only 1 inquiry

So I had a appt with a business banker at B of A and told them I wanted to get a Business CC and also a Personal CC wondered if they would code them as 1 since they are both based off my personal credit. Business banker told me since its the same product it was only be merged as 1 inquiry and if I wanted to apply within 30 days later on for the personal CC  it would still be 1 inquiry. If I were to get a loan on the home side, than it would be 2 inquires. Business Banker also told me they pull Experian and Transunion.

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Rgudino1717
Contributor

Re: BofA Business and Personal CC are only 1 inquiry

Received 1 inquiry when I applied for a BoA business credit card and business loan in the same day.

Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Business and Personal CC are only 1 inquiry

@Rgudino1717 wrote:

Received 1 inquiry when I applied for a BoA business credit card and business loan in the same day.

Yes I was told that also if I applied for a business loan it would be 1, you could apply for a personal CC and it would be lumped in with your business cc as they are the same product 

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applying for BofA business credit card and personal How long did it take you?

I had an Appt with a Business Banker on the 7th of June, at the time the rep stated there was system issues and would run my applications on Monday the 10th, middle of the week I email the rep and she states they are still experiencing system issues, today is the 17th and nothing. Wondering what is going on? No alerts have appeared on the credit websites I use to check my credit reports. I told the Banker that I had personal account and credit cards that I let go in 2008, and she told me they would check for past accounts, etc...Wondering if that is the issue?

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for BofA business credit card and personal How long did it take you?

Nav just alerted me that Experian Business has an inquiry for my business.....Now Im waiting for my personal credit to have an inquiry...... Hmm very interesting this took so long

Message 5 of 12
jaxstraw
Valued Contributor

Re: Applying for BofA business credit card and personal How long did it take you?

Good luck.

I'm kind of down on BOA biz at this point.

I app'd about two months ago and have good personal /biz scores and have been in biz over 20 years......and they asked for tax returns + other docs for a simple CC.

Seems others have had the same issue lately as well.

Let us know how it all turns out.....

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just an update, seems the business experian alerts where not from B of A. I pre-qual on some sites for business credit without impact my credit and I guess those are the inquires, called Nav credit and they said we cant tell if its a hard or soft pull and said it doesnt matter since its not like personal credit where the inquiry takes a larger impact one credit. Hmmmm id still like to know. I got an email from my Banker stating that she is still having issues with the credit system? I am not getting a good feeling from this, because I just pre-qualed from the bank of america site and seems to me credit apps are being taking on the website? Something doesnt seem right....

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it were me I'd just tell her to stop. This is taking way too long, something doesn't seem right to me. Just app for yourself online, if denied recon. In bank apps shouldn't be this complicated, at my local CU got the CL I requested and card printed right there. Non Business of course, but the point is a tech glitch shouldn't last this long. 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BofA Business and Personal CC are only 1 inquiry (Updated)

Finding out I was giving the wrong information by the B of A banker....if the mods want to delete this thread, they should as I dont want wrong information being giving out 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Applying for BofA business credit card and personal How long did it take you? (Updated)

I had to get the executive customer service team involved, after learning that my apps where not transmitted or in the system. Seem the glitch is not real and they are investigating why this small business banker didn’t follow through on the applications. I’ve never had this happen to me, but B of A lost my business since I won’t be applying anymore. I was also giving wrong information when I was told that a business and personal credit card application count as 1 inquiry.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.