Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonvoy Business Approval

tag
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

Bonvoy Business Approval

Was booking an 8 night stay in AZ this afternoon so decided to apply and was approved for 10k. Checked all my other CLs with them and seems like they didn't take anything from anywhere else. Planning on apping for a Chase card in February so wanted something that hopefully skirts 5/24. 

Last time I applied for a Chase they cited an Amex account that had been opened as my 5/24 on recon that was either a personal loan or my BBP which are both supposed to be exempt so we'll see what happens.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Drwaz99
Established Contributor

Re: Bonvoy Business Approval

Congrats!

Message 2 of 9
AllZero
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

So wait chase personal cards count Amex business cards towards 5/24?

Message 4 of 9
MyFault
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

|  
Message 5 of 9
randomguy1
Valued Contributor

Congrats. 

Message 6 of 9
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 7 of 9
CaptJOB
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

So wait chase personal cards count Amex business cards towards 5/24?

Some people have been suspicious that this can actually happen(at least various opinions on things that are generally accepted being not necessarily true anymore when it comes to 5/24). It's also possible that when I was denied for the United Card earlier this year they just didn't want to give me the card and used either the business card or the personal loan as an easy reason for denial. The rep definitely listed one of those accounts when she was walking up to 5/24 and claiming I had opened too many accounts.

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't even see how that can happen considering Amex doesn't report to anything but sbfe. I'm betting they counted the personal loan under 5/24

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.