Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business AMEX Gold

tag
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Business AMEX Gold

Does American Express give you a HP inquiry on your report while applying for business credit?

CARDS: CAPONEQUICKSILVERONE - $3,000.00
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business AMEX Gold

Yes. You will get a HP even for Business cards. However, Business credit cards will not appear on your personal credit report unless you default on payments. If you are looking to increase your amount of credit available to lower your utilization ratio, business cards will not help on this.

Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yes. You will get a HP even for Business cards. However, Business credit cards will not appear on your personal credit report unless you default on payments. If you are looking to increase your amount of credit available to lower your utilization ratio, business cards will not help on this.

Also of note, Amex won't do a HP if they deny you as an existing card member, so there is really no risk in giving it a shot.

Additionally, you 'could' improve your personal utilization ratio by using business cards for spending while you pay off any personal card debt. 

Message 3 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Also of note, Amex won't do a HP if they deny you as an existing card member, so there is really no risk in giving it a shot.

Additionally, you 'could' improve your personal utilization ratio by using business cards for spending while you pay off any personal card debt. 

Yes. Very true on both. I have ridiculous amount of AmEx denials, both personal and business. Not all of them ended up with HP though. So, if you are an existing cardmember, give it a shot. It can go either way. They will pull EX. Currently, EX score is my highest at 742. Although interesting enough, AmEx pulled EX and EQ for the PRG.

Yes, it's a good way to reallocate spending so you won't harm your utilization ratio even more.

Message 4 of 17
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Well I just applied and got approved for the AMEX Simply Cash and got a 10k line, but I would like to add the Gold Amex Business as well. 

Do you think I have a chance? Or are they stiff on the business credit.

Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@xgac12x wrote:

Well I just applied and got approved for the AMEX Simply Cash and got a 10k line, but I would like to add the Gold Amex Business as well. 

Do you think I have a chance? Or are they stiff on the business credit.

They are much looser on charge card approvals all around. If you just applied and were approved now, might as well make it a two-fer and "go for the gold" so it is on the same hard inquiry.

Funny, I just cancelled my SimplyCash Plus because they denied my Blue for Business app due to too many open Amex revolvers. Trying to figure out how long I need to wait to apply again.

Message 6 of 17
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Just wanted to point out that using business cards for personal expenses is a direct violation of the TOS....
Message 7 of 17
redpat
Senior Contributor

@dragontears wrote:
Just wanted to point out that using business cards for personal expenses is a direct violation of the TOS....

Lol, that would be nearly impossible to determine.  The only person that can determine wether a purchase is either business or personal is the one making the purchase.

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 8 of 17
xgac12x
Established Contributor

Whats your favorite business card that you have?

Message 9 of 17
dragontears
Senior Contributor

Doesn't change the fact that you agreed to the TOS by applying for the card then purposely violate them (and encourage others to do the same)
Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.