Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Address Change

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Address Change

I need to change my business address. Is my risk assessment score from D&B, Experian or Equifax affected by address changes? The only reason I am concerned is that I just started using this location 7 months ago. They instituted a series of fees for package receipt that I am unwilling to pay.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
silver_idle
Established Contributor

Re: Business Address Change

@Anonymous wrote:

I need to change my business address. Is my risk assessment score from D&B, Experian or Equifax affected by address changes? The only reason I am concerned is that I just started using this location 7 months ago. They instituted a series of fees for package receipt that I am unwilling to pay.

Not necessarily unless youre changing your address every 3 to 5 months then that could impact your score due to the likely hood of you not being able to have a stable location. If this is just your first time or second time, you shouldnt have much to worry about, but try not to jump from place to place. You might also want to open up a private mailbox for your business for mail to go to while having this change.

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks. I think I will pay Nav for credit monitoring for a couple of months and see if anything changes. I was planning to try the Nav paid tier anyway. I was concerned because I read one of the D&B risk factors was how long your business was at a certain address (separate from how long you are in business)

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I take it the vendor that initiated this issue is refusing to deliver to secondary "mailing" address. How far along are you in the TL building? You would have to update with SOS, bank accounts and then everyone you have on file.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. Your assessment only changes if you file for too many address updates in a short period of time.

Also, if you're new to D&B's business pactices, calling them is a big NO NO! You'll just be another tuna to their shark. Everytime they suggest anything other than what you called them for, just pop in an innocent "but but but but I tawt updating my company info other than payment/vendor stuff was free Cat Sad", and they will get right back to what you actually wanted done.

Next time you have something to update on your D&B file, please try the Creditsignal method first Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I take it the vendor that initiated this issue is refusing to deliver to secondary "mailing" address. How far along are you in the TL building? You would have to update with SOS, bank accounts and then everyone you have on file.

No that's not the issue. I had that issue with a bank but I got past it. I went into the branch and explained to my banker that yes its a virtual address but it is also a co-working space I meet clients. This is a consulting business so there is no "office". The office is wherever I am. They have my home address on file and I have history with them so they calmed down.

...this is separate issue. As I said it is also a co-working space. Many of the tech contractors/consultants in my city who don't want to go over the bridge will use this c-working office. Its a booming business and many of them will get Amazon packages delivered there too since they are there all day. Well either the owner did not want to deal with the flow of Amazon packages or saw dollars signs or both. They instituted a per package fee in addition to what we pay for the office. The fee is crazy high and I refuse to pay it so I found another space. The issue is I just put in some credit apps and they were approved. Now as soon as I get my cards I file a change of address? Does not look good. At this point I want to be proactive because I don't want my cards put on hold for fraud. The holidays are coming up and most likely I will be traveling overseas.

I have and ex who works in UW and they have told me over the years that the amount of fraud in business credit is staggering compared to personal credit. Something like this is no big deal in personal credit. Business credit is a different story. So I am on the lookout to see if my risk scores are affected.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.