cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Amex Plat - You're eligible to apply for a Preset Spending Limit. Terms apply.

tag
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

Business Amex Plat - You're eligible to apply for a Preset Spending Limit. Terms apply.

So i logged on today to my Business Amex Platinum and got below message:

You're eligible to apply for a Preset Spending Limit. Terms apply.

Typically I would get nervous if Amex is even mentioning a Preset Spending Limit but then I see the word eligible and maybe they are giving me an opportunity to have a set line and not worry about possible declines (never happened on this card).

I was wondering if anyone on the forum has received this message and if so, what the action taken was. I found a somewhat similiar thread but its been locked with no clear answers.

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RehabbingANDBlabbing
Established Contributor

Re: Business Amex Plat - You're eligible to apply for a Preset Spending Limit. Terms apply.

So you're saying you already have the Business Platinum with no preset limit and they are asking if you want to apply for a preset limit? If that's the case, and you haven't had issues getting declined, then I would probably skip it. It seems a little permanent IMO. 

I just got approved for the Business Gold card today. I had only had the AmEx business revolvers until now. I've never had too many issues with my personal Platinum, except when I first got the card. Now, my internal limit has gone up and I can make larger purchases after I established more of a history with the card.

Message 2 of 3
learningcredit54
Regular Contributor

Re: Business Amex Plat - You're eligible to apply for a Preset Spending Limit. Terms apply.

I too found it odd. As you stated since I have had no issues I think I will just leave it as is. If it aint broke, dont fix it. If there is ever an issue where i hit that internal limit too often maybe I will just reach out to them and see about setting up a fixed limit.

Business Cards:
Amex Business Plus: 6000 // Amex Business Hilton Honors: 3000 // Amex Delta Gold: 4900 // Amex Business Platinum NPSL POT 5000 // Amex Business Gold NPSL POT 15000

Personal Cards:
Discover It Cash Back: 8000 // Chase Saphire Preferred: 5000 // Truist Enjoy Beyond: 4500 // Amex Blue Cash Preferred: 1000 // Cap1SavorOne: 2000 // Cap1 Secured Platinum: 200 // Cap1 QuiksilverOne 2000 // Citi Double Cash: 5200 // Amex Platinum NPSL POT 4000 // Amex Gold NPSL POT 1750

GOAL SCORES 750 ACROSS
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.