Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit 101

tag
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Business Credit 101

poorcredit2010 wrote:

Is this for the delivery service ? Or stamps, like the auto stamps that you add to money too directly out of the account.

delivery service.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 91 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

poorcredit and byrdman - are you all taking about UPS or USPS?
Message 92 of 196
Junejer
Moderator Emeritus

UPS for me.

Starting Score: 469
Current Score: 849
Goal Score: 850

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 93 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Is there a secured business card available?
Message 94 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Tuscani

I have a question about business credit builder programs! I'm currently enrolled in a business credit builder program and the total cost to help me with financing for my business is $3300. I'm currently on a payment plan of $250 a month and I'm 3 months into the program and just started receiving accounts to apply to for credit. Which I found one of the accounts myself last month and applied and got credit..(Quill gave me Net30). SO I wanted to know since I'm able to apply to these companies on my own do you think it's wise for me to continue on their program and also I'm worried if I discontinue the program will they report to D & B a negative reporting....What do you think?

Thanks,

KAI

Message 95 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you signed a contract, they can enforce the payment of it.

These "credit builder" programs don't do anything you can't do on your own.  They promote the theory that they know "what to do," the "order to do it," and "where to get credit."  As you are now finding out, you can find this same info here Smiley Happy

Doing it yourself saves time, money and you have the education to benefit from in the future.  A paid program is really for those who don't want to do the work themselves or take the time to learn.

Don't be fooled into thinking they can do anything for you that is proprietary or special.   It's no different than "credit repair" companies....they don't have anything in their bag of tricks that you don't.

Message 96 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, txjohn

Thanks, Now I know what others have been telling me!!! So I guess this is a lessen learned the hard way. I'll finish out the contract and definitely want them to report a good rating to D&B....And what's so funny I logged into my account today and the have these 4 companies listed as my set2 to apply to: Nebs, Grainger,Gemplers and Lab Saftey Supply. OK! Gee Whiz.....I got SCREWED!!!

I'll take it all in stride though!

Thanks,

KAI

Message 97 of 196
2wheel
Frequent Contributor

Also txjohn just think of the first time you got business credit for yourself ,wasent it a sweet thing. Especially when you didnt have to back It up with personal. It gives you a good feeling.

2wheel
Message 98 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Everyone,

I am very new to the boards and have been reading through everything. But I am confused by some of the info Tuscani gave on the first page in regards to a duns number. I contacted the Eupdate number he has listed and requested my duns number which i applied for almost a year ago obviously before reading this forum. Anyway here is the response i received from the rep:

This duns number is for a duns support record, not a full file. This means full verifications have not been done to show true legitimacy; full verifications have not been done to separate you from high risk scores; no information interview has been done to build a profile of who you are as a business. This type of duns is mainly for government purposes for non-profit or disaster relief bids for contractors.

Verified DUNS: To go through verifications called the CreditBuilder there will be a fee. This will build a business profile for life. For us to validate through corporate charter or business license to show true legitimacy, validate your public records to prove you are not a high risk company, and do a full information interview to build a business profile for life. That way you can start using your duns number to apply for credit with suppliers, lines of credit with banks, insurance and work with other businesses. If a company asks for a duns number they use us. Please see these options below.

The Credit Builder is one time fee of $329, this builds a full verified report for life.

Credit Builder Plus is $499, which also allows you to add up to six trade references to show paying habits. This will also build a full report for life, plus adding references will gain a paydex score and a rating.

Credit Builder Premium which also allows you to add unlimited references for the next 6 months is $849. Also builds a full profile for life; paydex scores and estimated rating and gains more clout and more history.

Please give me a call. I am in the office from 6:00 am to 2:00 pm.

Sincerely,

How should I proceed? Can anyone help? Thanks

Message 99 of 196
enerey
Regular Contributor

They are  just trying to get your money, ignore them. Their credit builder program is not necessary to complete your file.
Message 100 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.