Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit 101

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit 101

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry but I'm very new to gaining credit for my company.  I have been in business since 2010 but got the D&B for grant writing purposes.  Trying to carry my not-for-profit under a for profit for investment purposes can I use the same D&B the intitial name is the same but the next name has investment inc .  QPRI (inital name) Q investment Inc as the for profit name. My true question is I see that you need a pg I don't understand what is pg the acronym of? private goods? don't know please help.

PG=Personal Guarantor.  Means that you you are personally responsible for the credit debt.

Message 191 of 196
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm sorry but I'm very new to gaining credit for my company.  I have been in business since 2010 but got the D&B for grant writing purposes.  Trying to carry my not-for-profit under a for profit for investment purposes can I use the same D&B the intitial name is the same but the next name has investment inc .  QPRI (inital name) Q investment Inc as the for profit name. My true question is I see that you need a pg I don't understand what is pg the acronym of? private goods? don't know please help.

Welcome to the forum

Not sure you can take a non-profit and then turn into profit due to every dime needing to be spent at the end of the fiscal year....Good question tho and probably better answered by an accountant or lawyer....I would think you could create another company as a parent company and bring both under the new Corp but this by far is more technical and in need of professional services

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 192 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why doesn't ATT report to any of the bureaus? I have had an account with ATT for the business with me as a PG for about 2 years now. Any advice on what would be the next step? 

Message 193 of 196
_NERD
Established Contributor

I read all the pages and as I was 3/4 of the way to the end, I felt like I was late to the party and missed out on some great business credit 101 strategy.

Tuscani - can you unsticky this post & publish a new 101 guide, with an up-to-date strategy?

3B profile optimization in progress...
Message 194 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

there is something in the original thread i am unsure of.  when you are applying for your initial net 30 trade lines he said to only apply for 6 to 8 to avoid having your duns file flagged.  But later on when he is suggesting you add more trade lines after those initial 6-8 he suggests waiting 2 weeks between each app to avoid getting your number flagged.  my question is when you are applying for your first 6-8 trade lines should you wait 2 weeks in between each app cause he didn't state you should. i was just wondering cause i dont want to get my file flagged for applying to soon.

Message 195 of 196
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 196 of 196
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.