Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card Questions For Credit Unions

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Credit Card Questions For Credit Unions

Just started a new business and I am confused, and I am hoping someone can give me clarity on the situation. What are the best credit unions to apply for business credit cards from? Are there any credit unions that don't report to the credit bureaus for business credit cards, or do they all report to the credit bureaus?

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit Card Questions For Credit Unions

In my biz card portfolio I have NFCU Business MasterCard and chase ink. Chase reports to D&B and Equifax. NFCU doesn't report to anyone unless you default. But I love the NFCU Biz card, great card!
Message 2 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for letting me know mgarnes. Does the U.S. Bank Biz Card report to any of the bureaus? I appreciate the heads up regarding the NFCU Biz Card. Are there other credit union biz cards that do not report to the bureaus?

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amex biz only reports to your personal  if you default on it 

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

99% of all business credit cards whether they're from banks like US Bank, Chase, Amex, Cit, BoA or credit unions do not report to your personal credit unless you default.  The main exception is the Capitol One Spark business card which does report to your personal credit reports.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Irish80 

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would never get a business credit card with a credit union.  It is just too risky for them.  Paired with the lackluster benefits....its not worth it. Unless you can find something with a competitive APR you'd be better of going with AMEX etc.

Message 7 of 12
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I would never get a business credit card with a credit union.  It is just too risky for them.  Paired with the lackluster benefits....its not worth it. Unless you can find something with a competitive APR you'd be better of going with AMEX etc.

Hi jfriend! 

How is it more risky for a CU vs a Bank? They both take the risk, but why would a CU be more of a risk? 

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are we not personal guarantors for the business credit cards?

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Are we not personal guarantors for the business credit cards?

99% of the time, yes we are.

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.