Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card after BK?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business Credit Card after BK?

I filed bankruptcy in 2016 and was discharged in 2017. I primarily bank with Chase, which I know isn't going to offer any sort of credit card until after the BK is off my credit report. Chase was also IIB. Does anyone know of a business credit card that will extend credit with a BK on my personal credit report? My credit score is around 720. Thanks!

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
wasCB14
Super Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card after BK?

Capital One has a reputation for having a short memory. Maybe one of the Spark cards?

Personal spend: Amex Gold, Amex Schwab Plat., BofA PR+CCR(x2), Costco
Business use: Amex Bus. Plat., BBP, Lowes Amex AU, CFU AU
Perks: Delta Plat., United Explorer, IHG49, Hyatt, "Old SPG"
Mostly SD: Freedom Flex, Freedom, Arrival
Upgrade/Downgrade games: ED, BCE
SUB chasing: AA Platinum Select
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense -- I already have a card with them. Thanks!

Message 3 of 6
4sallypat
Valued Contributor

If you have an LLC, Corp, EIN or any other business that is NOT a Sole Prop, consider applying for a new fintech bank card that is strictly business.

These fintech banks issue net 14 / net 30 charge cards but will build your business credit without having to pull your personal credit.

Check these alternatives out:

Divvy, Brex, Torpago, Jeeves, Capital On Tap, Corpay, Rho, Kleer...

Message 4 of 6
LP007
Frequent Contributor

@wasCB14 wrote:

Capital One has a reputation for having a short memory. Maybe one of the Spark cards?

Eww Smiley Tongue, C1 also has a habbit of tellin' yo' "business" to your "personal" CR, but effectively immediately, new Spark Cash Plus for Business cards will not report to your personal credit report.

• Existing Spark Cash cards will still continue to report your business line to a personal report.
  • All Spark Miles cards, for now, will continue to report to your personal credit.
  • All Capital One cards, including these, may pull all three credit bureaus when opening an account.
  • This only applies to accounts in good standing. If your account is not in good standing (i.e. late payments, missed payments), it will still report to your personal credit profile.

How's that for a 'cut & paste' hack? Smiley Wink

Cheers

Message 5 of 6
LP007
Frequent Contributor

Amex is forgiving. They just want transactions.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.