cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card data points UPDATED

tag
smvmny

Business Credit Card data points UPDATED

I have two companies (LLC-1 & LLC-2) that are two years and one year old respectively. LLC-1 had three business cards at time of application and LLC-2 zero. My scores at application were EQ-813 TU-829 EX-821. Thought I'd provide some data points and experience from my recent app spree for business credit cards.

LLC-1: Existing cards- Chase Ink Preferred- $20k, Amex SPG- $3k, Citi Costco- $4k

Wells Fargo Business Platinum Cash: approved $2,500, pulled EXP

US Bank Business Cash: approved $20k, pulled EXP

BofA Travel Rewards: Declined, pulled TU

LLC-2: No cards

US Bank Business Cash: pending approved $3k, pulled EXP

Chase Ink Preferred: approved $10k, pulled EXP

Amex Blue Business: approved $2k 

Amex Delta Platinum: approved $3k

Wells Fargo: I applied online, but when I called for status I was told I had to apply in branch. In order to apply online you must be a checking customer with them for at least a year. Kind of a hassle, but it is what it is. Didn't get an instant approval in branch Friday, but by Monday I got the conditional approval email on both LLC's for $2,500 which is the minimum credit line. 

US Bank: I have no relationship with them other than a personal card for $10k. Submitted both applications online, got the pending message and checked the application status line a couple days later and got the approval for LLC-1 for $20k. For some reason, they didnt get the application for LLC-2, so I had to reapply and it is now in pending status. WIll update this when I hear back. Approved $3k.

Amex: Instant approvals on both LLC-2 cards, although the limits are lower than I would like. Didn't see any inquiries come through, so not sure if they used their internal scoring system on these or what. Applied for the Blue Business for LLC-1, but apparently I reached my limit of 5 cards and/or number of cards approved in one day.

Chase: They are my primary personal and business bank. I applied and got the "We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." and received a call the next day from lending to review my application. Underwriter recommended approval for $10k. Still waiting for it to refelct online.

Bank of America: I saved these special people for last to show the contrast between them and every other bank. I applied online and received the email requesting some documents. Articles of Organization and EIN, no problem. 2 years accountant prepared TR for the business and 2 years personal TR. Did I apply for a mortgage and not realize it?! I called into their underwriting department and told them I wouldn't be sending in TR's, and they said to just send in the business formation docs and they could review for approval. Called back a couple days later and was declined for lack of deposits and insufficient information on D&B. As a professional service business, I don't have vendors, I pay for everything up front, and I refuse to pay the crooks at D&B to thicken up my profile with them. Anyway, I asked for a review and the underwriter I spoke to said he was going to refer it to his supervisor to see if they could approve it by looking at the personal credit. Long story short, unless you have a bank account with them (I have a personal card @ $10k) don't bother wasting the inquiry. I'll update if they come to their senses, lol. 

UPDATE: So after 2 recons w/ BofA, they upheld the decline due to now banking relationship and thin D&B file. Somewhat surprised that they didn't even offer me a secured card, so not sure what to make of that, but hey YMMV. 

*Purposely didn't apply for Capital One because their business cards report on personal credit reports which defeats the purpose for me.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business Credit Card application data points

Great information. Congratulations as well. Hopefully the others make a decision to benefit you. I am looking into starting a business in the near future and getting funds will be interesting. 

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Great information  -- Thank you.

And Congratulations! on the many approvals you did receive. 

Message 3 of 11
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@smvmny wrote:

I have two companies (LLC-1 & LLC-2) that are two years and one year old respectively. LLC-1 had three business cards at time of application and LLC-2 zero. My scores at application were EQ-813 TU-829 EX-821. Thought I'd provide some data points and experience from my recent app spree for business credit cards.

LLC-1: Existing cards- Chase Ink Preferred- $20k, Amex SPG- $3k, Citi Costco- $4k

US Bank Business Cash: approved $20k, pulled EXP

LLC-2: No cards

US Bank Business Cash: pending, pulled EXP

Chase Ink Preferred: approved $10k, pulled EXP

Amex Blue Business: approved $2k 

Amex Delta Platinum: approved $3k

Wells Fargo: I applied online, but when I called for status I was told I had to apply in branch. In order to apply online you must be a checking customer with them for at least a year. Kind of a hassle, but it is what it is. Didn't get an instant approval in branch Friday, but by Monday I got the conditional approval email on both LLC's for $2,500 which is the minimum credit line. 

US Bank: I have no relationship with them other than a personal card for $10k. Submitted both applications online, got the pending message and checked the application status line a couple days later and got the approval for LLC-1 for $20k. For some reason, they didnt get the application for LLC-2, so I had to reapply and it is now in pending status. WIll update this when I hear back.

Amex: Instant approvals on both LLC-2 cards, although the limits are lower than I would like. Didn't see any inquiries come through, so not sure if they used their internal scoring system on these or what. Applied for the Blue Business for LLC-1, but apparently I reached my limit of 5 cards and/or number of cards approved in one day.

Chase: They are my primary personal and business bank. I applied and got the "We'll let you know our decision as soon as possible." and received a call the next day from lending to review my application. Underwriter recommended approval for $10k. Still waiting for it to refelct online.

Bank of America:@ I saved these special people for last to show the contrast between them and every other bank. I applied online and received the email requesting some documents. Articles of Organization and EIN, no problem. 2 years accountant prepared TR for the business and 2 years personal TR. Did I apply for a mortgage and not realize it?! I called into their underwriting department and told them I wouldn't be sending in TR's, and they said to just send in the business formation docs and they could review for approval. Called back a couple days later and was declined for lack of deposits and insufficient information on D&B. As a professional service business, I don't have vendors, I pay for everything up front, and I refuse to pay the crooks at D&B to thicken up my profile with them. Anyway, I asked for a review and the underwriter I spoke to said he was going to refer it to his supervisor to see if they could approve it by looking at the personal credit. Long story short, unless you have a bank account with them (I have a personal card @ $10k) don't bother wasting the inquiry. I'll update if they come to their senses, lol.

*Purposely didn't apply for Capital One because their business cards report on personal credit reports which defeats the purpose for me.

We all have different experiences.

My applications with Bank of America went  through very smoothly, no hassles at all. But Chase wouldn't give me the sweat off its nose.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! Excellent data points, haven't heard anything about 2 LLC apps before this.
Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approvals , I am getting prepared for 1-2 apps in Jan or Feb and I am curious to what your inquiries were before you applied? I do agree your Amex was lower but a friend of mines with a LLC who also PGs cant seem to stop Amex giving him 13k. In case you didnt know they let you combine your personal limit to your business and thats what he did . I would recommend NFCU for the LOC and business credit card, I am sure you will have no problem getting them if you plan to add more.

Cheers,

Chris

Message 6 of 11
smvmny

I had 7 inquiries across all bureaus, with 6 of them being mortgage inquiries (two inquiries per report) as I was shopping two lenders. I was thinking about NFCU, but do I need to be a member in order to get a business account? I don't qualify as a NFCU member in my personal life. 

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ahh I see , They are pretty relaxed. My  girlfriends family member served and I was able to get an account that way . Once I was in I was able to add my best friend who is like a brother to me and now he is ahead with 15k CC and 15k Max CLOC business Smiley Sad . They seem to pull TU only for the CCs in both our case . Ex for the CLOC , His was business and I was personal for 6k

Message 8 of 11
smvmny

Thanks for the info on NFCU.. Set up business checking account and app'd for the business card, so I'll update when I hear back on that. I was approved for a $10k personal card when I set up my individual membership.

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice! I cant wait to hear your results .

Good Luck

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.