Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Credit Card

tag
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Business Credit Card

Calling all business credit card gurus Smiley Happy

Does anyone know of a bank that issues a business credit card without a personal guarantee? I heard of Key Bank, however they require a personal guarantee from what I read on their application. I currently have the Professional Card from Citi, but I had to personally guarantee it AND they only report on my personal credit report, not business.

Stats:

- S Corporation in business for approximately 4 years.
- Staples revolving credit card

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 1 of 23
22 REPLIES 22
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Re: Business Credit Card

You can get the Key Bank Biz Card with out PG. Just put X on the PG section and fax it to them. You might get a smaller CL with out PG but they can help you get started with Biz card with out PG. Homdepot Biz MasterCard also you can get with out PG. But it is hard to get.
Message 2 of 23
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Hi concorduser,

Interesting. Thanks for the info. I'm going to apply for this tomorrow. I'll post the results.

Personal: American Express Platinum - NPSL | American Express Blue Cash Preferred - $15,000 | Chase Sapphire Reserve - $38,500 | Chase Amazon Prime Visa - $7,200 | Chase Freedom - $500 | Barclaycard Arrival+ - $18,600 | PenFed Platinum Rewards - $25,000 | PenFed LOC - $10,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa - $25,000 | Navy Federal Credit Union LOC - $10,000 | Citi Double Cash - $12,170 | Citizens Cash Back+ - $8,650 | Citizens LOC Overdraft - $8,000 | Discover - $10,000 | Capital One Quicksilver One - $3,600 | Capital One Platinum - $750 | Valero - $600 | Dell - $3,000 | Lowes Advantage - $30,000 | Macys Amex - $25,000 | The Home Depot - $7,500 | Tourneau - $15,000
Business: American Express Business Platinum Card - NPSL | American Express Plum Card - NPSL | American Express SimplyCash Plus - $10,000 | American Express Gold Card - NPSL | Bank of America Cash Rewards - $100,000 | Capital One Spark Business - $54,000 | Chase Business Preferred - $34,000 | Chase Business Ink - $15,000 | PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa Signature - $19,000 | PNC LOC $100,000 | BP Business Solutions - $1,500 | KeyBank Mastercard - $6,000 | Staples More Account - $3,500

Message 3 of 23
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

ya I have been declined for home depot mastercard 2 without pg. but got keybank
Message 4 of 23
Uncle_Money
Established Contributor

Hey Concord, I took your advice and applied for the Key Bank business mastercard. I faxed in the application yesterday and I called up today to check the status. To my delight, the credit department informed me I was approved and would receive the card within 10 days!! I would have never discovered Key Bank as virtually every application I came across required a pg. I can't believe it as this is my very first business credit card. Now I can begin building my business credit. I want to give a huge thanks to you and this forum. There is a WEALTH of knowledge to be learned here. Again, thank you! Uncle Money

Message 5 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Uncle_Money wrote:
Hey Concord, I took your advice and applied for the Key Bank business mastercard. I faxed in the application yesterday and I called up today to check the status. To my delight, the credit department informed me I was approved and would receive the card within 10 days!! I would have never discovered Key Bank as virtually every application I came across required a pg. I can't believe it as this is my very first business credit card. Now I can begin building my business credit. I want to give a huge thanks to you and this forum. There is a WEALTH of knowledge to be learned here. Again, thank you! Uncle Money

Who does keybank report to? I've been looking for a business credit card with no pg as well.
Message 6 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Key Bank does not report to any credit reporting agencies, either personal or business.

UpUpUp wrote:

Who does keybank report to? I've been looking for a business credit card with no pg as well.

Message 7 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Glad you are apporved. Take good care of the card. It is issued by Citi and they are very generous with Credit Limit Increase. If you keep it in good standing and never exceed the limits and pay it on time, you'll get credit limit increase in 6 months. After that you are on your way to be able to acquire other cards that are backed my Citi with out PG.

Uncle_Money wrote:

Message 8 of 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hmm, so I guess if you are still trying to establish your business credit, this isn't going to help much then.

concorduser wrote:
Key Bank does not report to any credit reporting agencies, either personal or business.

UpUpUp wrote:

Message 9 of 23
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

None of the Citi backed biz cards report to either personal or biz credit reports. I have 9 citi backed biz cards and none of them report. That is I am starting building biz credit all over again.
Message 10 of 23
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.