Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business Loans Help

tag
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

Business Loans Help

The big issue I have been running into is most are asking I be in business for 2 years before they would approve, however I am opening a Franchise that has been around over 5 years with multiple locations.    I had applied with denial even though my score was where she said she would like it to be and I have my Home Equity i was willing to put in to help approval, but no go.     I was however approved for an Amex Business Card which is nice and I already opening my Business Checking account, but how can I get assistance/approvals if I haven't been open for 2 years?!?     Thank you for any advice.    (I did also try GoFundMe and I tried doing Kickstarter etc but my friends and family bless their heart gave 5 dollars, 10 dollars, 50 dollars so very thoughtful but no where near what I need.   

16 REPLIES 16
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

Re: Business Loans Help

Have you looked at the Small Business Administration yet ? 

https://www.sba.gov/funding-programs/loans

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 2 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude.  PNC bank had me do a loan application through their SBA person, but I'm not sure what all they put or didn't include but they said the reason for denial was because of the 2 years not being met?!?     I'm not sure if there is someone else in SBA I could reach out to or better explain or something?!?    Or is it better to try to do it myself online??

Message 3 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

I have 2 Business Checking one with PNC the other Chase.

Message 4 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

The biggest question on the SBA side...is the franchise you are looking to open on their approved franchise list?

Message 5 of 17
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@Girlzilla88 wrote:

@pizzadude.  PNC bank had me do a loan application through their SBA person, but I'm not sure what all they put or didn't include but they said the reason for denial was because of the 2 years not being met?!?     I'm not sure if there is someone else in SBA I could reach out to or better explain or something?!?    Or is it better to try to do it myself online??

There are a number of different loan programs, so maybe you can clarify with them which one they were using with your application. 

How much were you looking to borrow ?  Was it more than $50K ?

March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 6 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@pizzadude Yes but I have about 200k equity in my home and I was asking less than half that around 60-80k.    He said he would aim for 80 and let me know if it comes back 50 or 60 etc bc he said from everything I told him it sounded like it shouldn't be an issue at all.    I have no late payments and fairly new credit (from 2018 on the CC side) he said they would check my personal credit and we may have to use collateral possibly, but my credit score was a little over where they like to see it and with that and it being a "more established franchise" that the 2 year issue was what was denied for?!?

Message 7 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@sccredit I'm not sure as I did it through a bank.    Is there a way I can look that up?!

Message 8 of 17
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Message 9 of 17
Girlzilla88
Valued Contributor

@sccredit I will look into this thank you

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.