Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business credit card for non-citizens

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business credit card for non-citizens

I applied for secure business credit card with Wells Fargo and they denied citing I am not a citizen or permanent resident.

Are there any banks that do not require you to submit citizenship or permanent resident card when applying for business credit card, secure or insecure? I already have Capital one. But looking for one more bank where we can develop relation for line of credit in future.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business credit card for non-citizens

I guess my first thought here is why bother trying to establish a business account if you don't have permanent residency? 

Do you have an SSN?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business credit card for non-citizens,

Hi,

Yes. I do have SSN and credit scroes around 680+ My employer has already initiated the permanent residency sponsership for me. Since I'm from India, It'll take around 7 years for me to get my Green Card. I had work experience back in India and came here as a student. Currently working with 6 digit salary. I do own couple of websites and working on few more. I need working captal for bootstrapping my company. I am already putting in most of my salary. But I am sure I can not do that in long term. So, want to have a good relationship with bank so that I can get my line of credit soon. And relationships take time and effort to build.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Business credit card for non-citizens,

I imagine if you called a reconsideration line and explained that, they should be able to push an approval through, though 680 (if that is a FICO 8 score) is not stellar. Not terrible, but not great by any means, and I would probably want to put myself in a position to look as good as possible in your case.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.