Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Business separate from personal?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Business separate from personal?

I recently applied for the Bonvoy Biz card, but when I clicked the link to register the account. It took me to my personal accounts, and the card is listed with the rest. I thought that Biz CC's would be seperate from personal accounts?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
LittleSal
Frequent Contributor

Re: Business separate from personal?

They list all your cards together. Makes checking and paying your accounts easier.

The business card won’t appear on your personal CR.
Message 2 of 6
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I recently applied for the Bonvoy Biz card, but when I clicked the link to register the account. It took me to my personal accounts, and the card is listed with the rest. I thought that Biz CC's would be seperate from personal accounts?

That is odd, compared to my experience anyway. I had to manually request linking my personal and business accounts. Do you have business checking as well or just the card? When I opened my business checking (before the card) I had a personal and business login. Once I added the card it reflected on my business half automatically. I had to call and have them merge the two (essentially transferring over the personal cards/checking onto the business credentials). 

After I realized the "check my score" link was missing under the business login I had them separate them. Right now I have two logins. One for the personal checking & cards, and another that has business checking and business card. I guess they do what they want over there lol 

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was able to link my business card with my personal cards on login so all 3(2 personal, 1 business) show up together

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the info, I just assumed they would create a business account when I registered the new card. But the link took me to "sign in", instead of "create". So I signed in with existing ID and PW, and it took me to my account page. Initially only showed my existing cards, then I hit the add more button and the Bonvoy popped up. No bussiness checking, or previous accounts. Bonvoy is my first Biz card.

At first I thought it was going to be a denial as it went to pending. Called the number to find out what additional info was needed, and the rep said it's under 3-5 day review. Then an hour later got the Approved email. They also didn't take any available CL from my personal accounts, which was nice.

Message 5 of 6
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

If you applied under your own SSN (SP) and your own name rather than a DBA or whatever, I think it can just show up frankly unlike Chase who has (or had) to merge stuff; I'm almost 100% that's what happened with the SCP I have.

        
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.