Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bussiness Credit Card

tag
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

Bussiness Credit Card

I working as self employer for the last 5 years at beauty salon.

I receive my paid check every week (through paid check **hand writting check**)  and file W2 every years.

Do i qualify for bussiness credit card ???

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Bussiness Credit Card

do you own the beauty salon?

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

i dont own the salon but i pretty work for myself .....

Message 3 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

If you get a W-2 then no, you are considered an employee. If you received a 1099-misc and filed schedule C and schedule SE they yes, you are a contractor or other type of self employed. 

Message 4 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

@scenery_guy wrote:

If you get a W-2 then no, you are considered an employee. If you received a 1099-misc and filed schedule C and schedule SE they yes, you are a contractor or other type of self employed. 

I received 1099 MISC......I have no idea what schedule i file but i do receive 1099 with no contractor........

Message 5 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

But no W-2 for work at the salon? Just getting the 1099-misc makes you a sole proprietor or contractor or whatever you want to call it. With that info yes you can apply for a business credit card. List the amount on the 1099 as your sales or income. If they ask for Federal ID number just list your SSN. Good luck. 

Message 6 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

1.PNG
@scenery_guy wrote:

But no W-2 for work at the salon? Just getting the 1099-misc makes you a sole proprietor or contractor or whatever you want to call it. With that info yes you can apply for a business credit card. List the amount on the 1099 as your sales or income. If they ask for Federal ID number just list your SSN. Good luck. 

There a few option they ask for .

I has my Federal ID number thou.

Industry type and Company structure.

Also number of employess !! should i just leave it 1 (me).

There not going to affect anything on my company side right ????

Message 7 of 10
scenery_guy
Established Contributor

Just pick the closes industry or if they have "other" use that. Put SSN for EIN if you can. One employee fine. 

Message 8 of 10
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

is that possible to do that since its not my company ????

Message 9 of 10
Project17
New Contributor

You are your company if you get a 1099. Company name Jane Doe. EIN social security number.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.