Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE BUSINESS INK UNLIMITED

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: CHASE

Freedom is a personal card. Ink is a business card. They wouldnt offer you a personal card when you applied for business credit. I understand the frustration, but want to make it clear those are two different product lines.
Message 21 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know they are different, Chase should have given me a parting gift though lol
Message 22 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had 1 year 10 months untul I just got these AMX 3 credit cards last week plus I had got a DISCO in March, Capital One card in 2017
Message 23 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow. If I refused to do business with every bank that has denied me for a credit card at some point in my life, I'd be pretty screwed, LOL. 

Consider it a lesson learned about those mailers. They're sooo tempting, but they aren't a guaranteed approval. Your recent application spree combined with your relatively thin and young credit file is why you were denied. 

AmEx has always been a lot more generous with approvals and credit lines for me too, but I just don't value their rewards program and co-branded cards as much as Chase's. 

But we all have our own priorities in this game. 

Message 24 of 31
CreditInspired
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Called Chase today to get an update on my application for their Ink Business Unlimited card, bare in mind they sent me a pre-qualified application about 3 weeks ago, I was denied the card plus they didn't even offer me a lower tier card like the Freedom.

My first instinct when I got that pre-qual app was to toss it but mulled it over for a few weeks, I was on a roll with AMX applications plus got approved instantly for those 3 cards (one of which was an AMX BLUE BUSINESS card for $7,000) plus $3,000 for a NFCU AMX card. Chase's reasons were insufficient credit and credit history.

If I ever get anything from Chase it's going right in the trash, Chase has the their 5/24 rule I have my own, you deny me I will never do business with you, for me it"s AMX all the way, great company.

Congratulations on the approvals you have received. However, I just want to point out that the NFCU AmX is not really an AmX card. It is just on AmX platform. 

Patience is a virtue. It will come in due time.

|| AmX Cash Magnet $40.5K || NFCU CashRewards $30K || Discover IT $24.7K || Macys $24.2K || NFCU CLOC $15K || NFCU Platinum $15K || CitiCostco $12.7K || Chase FU $12.7K || Apple Card $7K || BOA CashRewards $6K
Message 25 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

The inevitable happened.

I've been reading your many threads with bemusement but never commenting since I was curious to see how long it would take before your credit seeking came to a crashing halt.  As I recall you recently came to these forums looking for advice on a credit card that would approve you for $2,000 to finance a sofa/repair a smoke damaged room. You got carried away with the first approval and continued to submit more apps with no clear rationale behind why you were applying.   So its not surprising that you were denied by Chase which in some respects is a very conservative lender. And when your new Navy and Amex cards eventually report to the credit bureaus you will be denied additional credit if you continue applying.  Your apps will also be impaired by your low income; while it might be sufficient for where you live, $24K is not a point where most large lenders will want to do business.  You need to adjust your expectations about what you can be approved for at that level.

Message 26 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Smoked filled room? No idea what your talking about.

My income is just above $26,000 and will be rising substantially soon. My credit history is what really dinged me with Chase, I may have the option to get a Platinum AMX card from NFCU later today without a hard pull, will find out later today.

Message 27 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

When did NFCU offer a AMX Platinum Card?
Message 28 of 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't know when they started that card but I was on the phone with them around 2 A.M. today ehen he said they are currently offering a promotion on this card, he basically requested my current card be switched over to Platinum, he went through their back office first to see what they say olus no Hard Pull with them. All done internally eith NFCU.
Message 29 of 31
ridgebackpilot
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Don't know when they started that card but I was on the phone with them around 2 A.M. today ehen he said they are currently offering a promotion on this card, he basically requested my current card be switched over to Platinum, he went through their back office first to see what they say olus no Hard Pull with them. All done internally eith NFCU.

You're confusing the NFCU Platinum card with the AMEX Platinum card. Totally different animals! With your track record, I doubt you'd get the AMEX Platinum card...

And...you'd be wise to listen to the good advice being offered here. Chase should have been a wake-up call to you but instead it seems to have stimulated additional reckless credit-seeking. As others have pointed out, you'd be better off at this stage in your credit journey to let your existing new accounts age a bit.

Message 30 of 31
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.