Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE IHG Premier Business Credit Card Approval

BlackOpzFX
Valued Member

CHASE IHG Premier Business Credit Card Approval

chase-ihg-rewards-000.jpg

Palazzo/Venetian (really Canyon Ranch) Fanboy. I have a nice line-up of cards but have been missing a 'travel' card. Always considered the generics but IHG is powerful for racking up points and I like the 4th night free with points option. Was actually considering the Amex Green but then saw the revamped IHG card with the new offers. I've been a Chase customer for about 4+ years now and shuttle a lot of cash to pay CC bills through them. I guess they got tired of seeing me paying so many Amex bills and recently I've been pre-approved for most of the higher-end cards (Preferred/Reserved) but point devaluations on the generics have kinda soured me on them and at 5 points per dollar the IHG Biz looks like a churner for my ad spend dollars.  

chase-approve-000.png

So I was already on their good side. I was wondering how it would go since I wanted a card NOT on the pre-approved list. My Stats are TU: 769 that they pulled (only took a 2 point dip afterward). I was 3/24 - 0/6, 2/12  - If I didn't have this card I would have just wimped out and used the USBank or Chase Portals for 5%. After getting this card I'm mostly done for now. I was temped by the Citi 5% but was 'gardening' for the Cash+ at the time and really don't want to add CS problems to my lineup. When I applied on Saturday I got the '30-Day' MSG which kinda sucked since I had so many pre-approvals (which always process instantly) but I was pleasantly surprised when the "APPROVED" email came through early Monday in the AM. So the lesson is 'Just For You' pre-approvals can be an indication of positive upside for non-approved applications. This was my 1st Chase biz card and I was applying as the dreaded "sole-prop" with SSN but it got through.

I'm carrying about 13% cc debt and have a CFU only 5 months into 0% with a 50% balance (my largest outstanding balance and it didn't discourage them). The biz card is 'hidden' debt so if they keep me preapproved at years end I'll grab a 0% public facing card to boost my public CL total (or possibly the Preferred to finish the trifecta).

CURRENT LINEUP:

* Amex BBC - NAF 2% CatchAll
* Amex BBP - NAF 2% MR CatchAll for Plat/Gold SUB's
* Amex BCP - $95, 6% Grocery+Stream+Stadia, 3% Gas
* Amex [ BSC+] - NAF 3% Category + 5% Office Supply (Tons of Stuff!!) + 5% Phone
* Amex Prime AMZ - NAF, NFTF, 5% AMZ or 90 Day 0% (Handy!!)
* Discover IT - NAF 5% Quarterly + Regular 0% BT Offers (10/2% in 1st year)
* Chase Freedom (Visa) - NAF 5% Quarterly
* Chase FUnlimitd (VSig) - NAF 1.5% - 3% Dining, DrugStore - 5% Travel
* Cap1 QS (Mas) - 1.5% NAF, NFTF, Virtual Cards (#1 Overseas Buys)
* Cap1 SavorOne (Mas) - NAF, NFTF, 3% Dining/Entertain/Grocery
* USBank Cash+ (VSig) - NAF, 5% Quarterly - 5% Internet/Utils/Uber/Travel

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Credit4Growth
Senior Contributor

Re: CHASE IHG Premier Business Credit Card Approval

Wow!   You snagged it ...along with a great SUB,  140,000 points!

🌟  Congrats on your "1st of.... card approval!   💫 

: ¹st  travel card

: ¹st Chase business card

: ¹st , Huge SUB with chase!

Please provide additional DPs.

Time in business 😎,  

maybe which field/industry, 🤔 I am super curious because you have chosen to use sole-prop with SSN.   - Thanks! ☺ 

Message 2 of 8
BlackOpzFX
Valued Member

Biz start was 01/2019 - Think Business Services category but final option was 'Custom Programming'

Message 3 of 8
HowDoesThisAllWork
Frequent Contributor

@BlackOpzFX wrote:
chase-ihg-rewards-000.jpg

Palazzo/Venetian (really Canyon Ranch) Fanboy. I have a nice line-up of cards but have been missing a 'travel' card. Always considered the generics but IHG is powerful for racking up points and I like the 4th night free with points option. Was actually considering the Amex Green but then saw the revamped IHG card with the new offers. I've been a Chase customer for about 4+ years now and shuttle a lot of cash to pay CC bills through them. I guess they got tired of seeing me paying so many Amex bills and recently I've been pre-approved for most of the higher-end cards (Preferred/Reserved) but point devaluations on the generics have kinda soured me on them and at 5 points per dollar the IHG Biz looks like a churner for my ad spend dollars.  

chase-approve-000.png

So I was already on their good side. I was wondering how it would go since I wanted a card NOT on the pre-approved list. My Stats are TU: 769 that they pulled (only took a 2 point dip afterward). I was 3/24 - 0/6, 2/12  - If I didn't have this card I would have just wimped out and used the USBank or Chase Portals for 5%. After getting this card I'm mostly done for now. I was temped by the Citi 5% but was 'gardening' for the Cash+ at the time and really don't want to add CS problems to my lineup. When I applied on Saturday I got the '30-Day' MSG which kinda sucked since I had so many pre-approvals (which always process instantly) but I was pleasantly surprised when the "APPROVED" email came through early Monday in the AM. So the lesson is 'Just For You' pre-approvals can be an indication of positive upside for non-approved applications. This was my 1st Chase biz card and I was applying as the dreaded "sole-prop" with SSN but it got through.

I'm carrying about 13% cc debt and have a CFU only 5 months into 0% with a 50% balance (my largest outstanding balance and it didn't discourage them). The biz card is 'hidden' debt so if they keep me preapproved at years end I'll grab a 0% public facing card to boost my public CL total (or possibly the Preferred to finish the trifecta).

CURRENT LINEUP:

* Amex BBC - NAF 2% CatchAll
* Amex BBP - NAF 2% MR CatchAll for Plat/Gold SUB's
* Amex BCP - $95, 6% Grocery+Stream+Stadia, 3% Gas
* Amex [ BSC+] - NAF 3% Category + 5% Office Supply (Tons of Stuff!!) + 5% Phone
* Amex Prime AMZ - NAF, NFTF, 5% AMZ or 90 Day 0% (Handy!!)
* Discover IT - NAF 5% Quarterly + Regular 0% BT Offers (10/2% in 1st year)
* Chase Freedom (Visa) - NAF 5% Quarterly
* Chase FUnlimitd (VSig) - NAF 1.5% - 3% Dining, DrugStore - 5% Travel
* Cap1 QS (Mas) - 1.5% NAF, NFTF, Virtual Cards (#1 Overseas Buys)
* Cap1 SavorOne (Mas) - NAF, NFTF, 3% Dining/Entertain/Grocery
* USBank Cash+ (VSig) - NAF, 5% Quarterly - 5% Internet/Utils/Uber/Travel

@BlackOpzFX Very nice!

FICO8 Scores as of 2022 JUNE 01:

FICO Auto 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JUNE 01:

FICO Bankcard 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JUNE 01:

FICO Mortgage 2/4/5 Scores as of 2022 JUNE 01:

Starting Score: Exp 699
Current Score: Exp 713
Goal Score: Exp 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 8
gdale6

Very nice, grats on your Chase IHG Premier BC approval Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Senior Contributor

WooHoo!! Congratulations on your Chase IHG Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

Message 6 of 8
Citylights18
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the card. I agree with the OP thinking about earning rates and how a card is going to help you strategically.

IHG has a lot of properties. The smaller markets have the Holiday Inns. I've got the Hyatt card and they are largely geared toward vacations rather than traveler spots near highways. The IHG business card can give you a bit of both like the Marriott cards.

Official travel point totals as of 4/17/22 (751,998 Total Points)
Chase Ultimate Rewards 289,441 | AMEX Membership Rewards 142,038 | World of Hyatt 91,479 | Citi Thank You 90,313 | Marriott Bonvoy 84,039 | AA Advantage 15,244 | United MileagePlus 13,316 | British Airways Avios 11,333 | Jet Blue TrueBlue 8,277 | Hilton Honors 2,267 | NASA Platinum Rewards 1883 | Navy Federal Rewards 792 | Southwest Rapid Rewards 762 | Expedia Points 529 | Delta Sky Miles 175 | Virgin Atlantic Virgin Points 100 | Hotels.com Rewards 6/10 ($135.99)
Message 7 of 8
babygirl1256
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your Chase IHG Premier Business Credit Card approval.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.