Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CITIZENS BANK SOFT PULL IS DEAD!!

tag
triplej0718
New Contributor

CITIZENS BANK SOFT PULL IS DEAD!!

Looks like the Citizens Bank Business Credit card soft pull day are all over.  I tried to apply for the business platinum card for my 2nd business and they tried to hard pull my personal experian but I had that bureau locked. Just giving you guys a heads up. It was great while it lasted.

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
TMDSCT
Regular Contributor

Re: CITIZENS BANK SOFT PULL IS DEAD!!

Thanks for the information.  I think I might have seen something else about GM Card doing a HP on someone this past week.

Message 2 of 7
trvlscmmr
Regular Contributor

@TMDSCT wrote:

Thanks for the information.  I think I might have seen something else about GM Card doing a HP on someone this past week.

I believe an applicant should always expect a hard pull when applying for the GM business card if personal EQ file is not locked after receiving pre-approval offer, it's possible I am wrong on this & at times GS doesn't attempt Hard Pull. There are several GM Biz Approvals posted here on the board with Hard Pulls.

Previously Citizens only required a Soft Pull to approve for business cards; no Hard Pull would be attempted during the application process. Recent DP's this past week show Citizens has begun Hard Pulling applicants for business cards.

Avoiding the hard pull from GoldmanSachs for the GM Business card is more like a "credit hack" compared to how Citizens used to consider every business applicant based on Soft Pull only. 

Message 3 of 7
northway
Regular Contributor

Are you sure they tried to HP Experian and not Equifax?

Personal Cards:
Message 4 of 7
triplej0718
New Contributor

Yes they Hard Pull Experian now. I called them to confirm and they said they no longer deal with Equifax.

Message 5 of 7
sweetpunch
Established Member

Does the HD means a PG?

Message 6 of 7
alshannan
Established Member

@sweetpunch wrote:

Does the HD means a PG?

Yes, that is right.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.