Did you mean: 

Can I add my brother as an AU if he is blacklisted? Amex

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Can I add my brother as an AU if he is blacklisted? Amex

wrote:

Did you try?

I added him this morning. I'll update if he's able to activate and keep the card. 

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

One more question. I know I am asking a lot of them for one thread, but this is still new to me. 

Is an "Employee card" the same as an authorized user? I have spent time reading the terms and in one sentence it states the employee may be liable if I don't pay? This is different from an authorized user where they are never financially liable. 

Message 12 of 17
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

No because most au cards will report to that person credit report but a business card will not
Message 13 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

I will add, though, that that statement is AMEX's way of saying if they can't contact you to recover a debt in the event of you defaulting/being late then they have the right to go after any AU you added to see about recovering the money.

Message 14 of 17
redpat
Senior Contributor

wrote:

I will add, though, that that statement is AMEX's way of saying if they can't contact you to recover a debt in the event of you defaulting/being late then they have the right to go after any AU you added to see about recovering the money.

Employees are not responsible for the balances that are left if the employer defaults.  Amex issues the billing to the employer and the employees that are given cards don't fill out any type of application for the card.  Remember business cards are treated differently than personal cards and Amex only requires the employee's name for a card.  It does not require a SS#.  

The Employer's company and Officer's PG who applied for the Amex Bus card are the only one responsible for the debt.  So as an employer, if an employee goes nuts on the card and walks, they have to pay it and file charges against the employee to recover that payment.

Hmmm, and wow I can post now.  Only if I could get this ankle bracelet to stop itching..........

I have employees that have less than stellar credit that have my business Amex and Chase cards.  Amex knows that businesses have to give employees cards for them to conduct business on your behalf (travel, buying supplies or other matters that need a credit card).

Personal Cards: Amex Plat | Amex Delta Res | CSR | Citi AA Exec Business Cards: Ink+ | Amex BGR
Message 15 of 17
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Employees are not responsible for the balances that are left if the employer defaults.  Amex issues the billing to the employer and the employees that are given cards don't fill out any type of application for the card.  Remember business cards are treated differently than personal cards and Amex only requires the employee's name for a card.  It does not require a SS#. 

I didn't say that the AUs would be in line to be responsible for the debt but that AMEX has the right to contact the AUs to see about recovering said debt. Probably should have made that clearer in my post; I apologize for that.

Message 16 of 17
Time2letgo
Regular Contributor

The Employer's company and Officer's PG who applied for the Amex Bus card are the only one responsible for the debt.  So as an employer, if an employee goes nuts on the card and walks, they have to pay it and file charges against the employee to recover that payment.

This may have been a recent change, I don't know... but I recently ordered 2 employee cards and before they could be activated the SS# and DOB was requested. It also had some wording to the effect that signing and using the card accepts the responsibility of the liability. So in other words the employee will be responsible for the amounts that is spent on that card if the primary card member does not pay.

Work In Progress:
Current Revolving Personal CL: ~$466K

Current Revolving Business CL: ~$107K

Gardening Until Dec 2019 or Until All Scores are back above 800s

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.