cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you PG more than one LLC or Corp with same CC company?

tag
chris288
Regular Contributor

Can you PG more than one LLC or Corp with same CC company?

Hey all, I first want to say thank you to all posters.  A few years ago I created my LLC and with advise from this forum I have been very successful growing my business.  My question to anyone here is...

If I wanted to start another LLC can I PG that with the same credit card companies as I did my prior LLC?  For example my current LLC of 6 years I have business CC only reporting in the business name with these companies..

Chase - 2 cards

BOA - 2 cards

Amex - 3 cards

Citi - 1 card

Barclay - 2 cards

JetBlue - 1 card

Navy Fed- 1 card

I dont know of any other company that doesnt report business cards to personal credit.  I am assuming the above CC issuers would see me PG'ing under a different LLC and decline the card knowing I already have a business relationship.

Has anyone done this before successfully?  Is it even possible?  I assume if you went with different companies it would work, but I am doubting the same issuers it would not.  

Thanks for any help.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
DoogieBall
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you PG more than one LLC or Corp with same CC company?

Not sure if this is what you're asking but I'll give it a shot.

I have 2 Amex business cards under a SP/Dba.  I opened an LLC 18 months ago and was approved for a different Amex card under the new LLC using the new EIN.  I've heard a few different scenarios about what can happen.  Hopefully someone can give better insight as this was info I had read on these forums and minimal results from Google seaches.

Like I said, this is what I've heard.  Maybe someone can fact check Smiley Happy

Business 1 will retain all history since it was PG using SSN.

Business 2 will create a new/separate file because of the new EIN.

Both businesses will combine profiles since they're both PG.

R.I.P Cards 

Message 2 of 3
chris288
Regular Contributor

Re: Can you PG more than one LLC or Corp with same CC company?

This is what I think will happen as well, but looking to someone to confirm.  I think u can have 2 business profiles for the same creditor because the EIN's are different. 

If u PG anything those files with the creditor will combine to one profile. 

Creditor will only lend to a certain amount of credit lines per profile not per EIN.  So for your Amex example, you can open up cards under both EIN's, but Amex sees the total amount of credit lines available to the profile of the PG.

Meaning if they allow 200k total based on the PG profile,  that could be split up multiple ways, but overall they are only going to lend 200k total.

Just a thought,  curious to anyones experience or ideas. 

Thanks 

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.