cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you do a balance transfer from one business card to another?

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Frequent Contributor

Can you do a balance transfer from one business card to another?

My husband has two Amex Biz cards, although the balances are fairly low can he transfer one of the balances to another and combine them? Or is that something only allowed between personal cards?

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Established Contributor

Re: Can you do a balance transfer from one business card to another?

@Bees18 wrote:

My husband has two Amex Biz cards, although the balances are fairly low can he transfer one of the balances to another and combine them? Or is that something only allowed between personal cards?

When I just inquired about the BT Offer for my Blue Business Cash Amex transferring balances from another Amex wasn't allowed.

And that included cobranded Amex's also.

Jax

*************************************************************************************
Then you are a fool. Be thankful that when God gave you a face, he gave you a fool's face
Message 2 of 5
New Visitor

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking to get a Biz AmEx with the 0 APR, then transfer to a new card with a lower normal APR when that expired.

But you're saying AmEx doesn't allow any Biz balance transfers?

Is it possible to transfer from AmEx Biz to a diff company's Biz account?

It's probably also not possible to transfer a balance from a personal AmEx to a Biz AmEx...any info on that? Maybe I should call them and see.

Message 3 of 5

You cannot do a BT from one card to another with the same lender being any lender as basically a "Peter to pay Paul" is how same lender BTs are seen.  you certainly can BT from say a BT to say an Amex that offers bts up to 5k or vice versa say a 5k busines amex to a 5k personal bofa cc, etc.  They don't know if it is business or personal debt and they really dont care as long as they make their money whether the BT fee or whatever else it might be 

Message 4 of 5
Super Contributor

@Bees18 wrote:

1. Balance transfers are never allowed between the bank's own cards.

2. Business cards can have balance transfers. It depends on the card, and may also depend on whether there is a balance transfer "offer".

Total revolving limits 730000 (603500 reporting) 10/2/19 FICO 8 scores: EQ 744 TU 782 EX 746
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.