Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Business: Should I request CLI now or later

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark Business: Should I request CLI now or later

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this site. I've been learning a lot. I have had spark business card for YEARS. but I ignorantly have been keeping it maxed out. Paying the minimum only.  just not caring or thinking about it. 

I have been actively been trying to fix my credit I paid $1k on all my cards last week. My TU score is 626 and EX is 615 (don't know the other one).  I am expecting them to go up since I paid them all down. 

Is it smart to request a CLI now after I just paid it off or wait a few months of PIF.  My scores haven't even updated to reflect those payments but I am itching to press the LUV button.

Also is it a soft pull? I got the Wayfair card last week through SCT and I don 't want to put to many inquiries on my report. 

help.... i have no idea what i am doing. I hate that I didn't find this site sooner. 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Capital One Spark Business: Should I request CLI now or later

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi all. I'm pretty new to this site. I've been learning a lot. I have had spark business card for YEARS. but I ignorantly have been keeping it maxed out. Paying the minimum only.  just not caring or thinking about it. 

I have been actively been trying to fix my credit I paid $1k on all my cards last week. My TU score is 626 and EX is 615 (don't know the other one).  I am expecting them to go up since I paid them all down. 

Is it smart to request a CLI now after I just paid it off or wait a few months of PIF.  My scores haven't even updated to reflect those payments but I am itching to press the LUV button.

Also is it a soft pull? I got the Wayfair card last week through SCT and I don 't want to put to many inquiries on my report. 

help.... i have no idea what i am doing. I hate that I didn't find this site sooner. 

I would suggest to wait for sometime till scores go up little. It can give access to better limits. All the best.

My Key is to always PIF, follow AZEO keep UTIL <8%. 

Ps, Cap1 CLI is SP

Message 2 of 4
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait until your scores update.

Yes it is a soft pull.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 687

Message 3 of 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I would wait until after all your payments update on your credit report and then after your next statement with the cap1.

you can request monthly until you get one and then resets clock to 6 months when you receive a cli.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.