Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Business Visa to MC

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark Business Visa to MC

I am an authorized user on a Spark Business card (2% Cashback).  The business just got a letter saying that our Visa (Signature) is being changed over to Mastercard around March 31st.  This card was opened about 1.5 years ago.  I know most Cap One cards are MC now, but it seems odd to change networks so suddenly. 

I have a personal Cap One QS that was a Journey Card and that has stayed Visa for the past 9 years.  My brother got the same Journey card but it is MC.  Just wanted to see if any other Spark card owners are getting a network change.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
blindambition
Senior Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark Business Visa to MC

@Anonymous wrote:

I am an authorized user on a Spark Business card.  The business just got a letter saying that our Visa (Signature) is being changed over to Mastercard around March 31st.  This card was opened about 1.5 years ago.  I know most Cap One cards are MC now, but it seems odd to change networks so suddenly. 

I have a personal Cap One QS that was a Journey Card and that has stayed Visa for the past 9 years.  My brother got the same Journey card but it is MC.  Just wanted to see if any other Spark card owners are getting a network change.

This isn't uncommon. Sometimes cost, benefit or contract specific. Does it say if it will be World or World Elite?

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@blindambition wrote:
@Anonymous wrote:

I am an authorized user on a Spark Business card.  The business just got a letter saying that our Visa (Signature) is being changed over to Mastercard around March 31st.  This card was opened about 1.5 years ago.  I know most Cap One cards are MC now, but it seems odd to change networks so suddenly. 

This isn't uncommon. Sometimes cost, benefit or contract specific. Does it say if it will be World or World Elite?

The letter doesn't specify.  One slighty annoyance is that we can no longer use this card at Costco.

Message 3 of 6
Aloha808
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am an authorized user on a Spark Business card (2% Cashback).  The business just got a letter saying that our Visa (Signature) is being changed over to Mastercard around March 31st.  This card was opened about 1.5 years ago.  I know most Cap One cards are MC now, but it seems odd to change networks so suddenly. 

That's really weird. I just got a Spark Cash Visa this month, and i haven't gotten anything from C1 about a change to MC network.

Some other visa options for Costco might be an altitude reserve, chase freedom/ ink unlimited, navy federal flagship, fidelity 2%back, penfed power cash rewards, alliant 2.5% back, or a good old Costco CC.

Active: Retired:
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

We got the new cards into today and they are World Elite cards.  On the upside they do look nicer with silver/gray (shiny) Mastercard logo.  The Visa signature cards where just plain white text.

Message 5 of 6
GApeachy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Just wanted to see if any other Spark card owners are getting a network change.

Ours is still a VS; haven't received anything about an upcoming change.

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.