Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Card Credit Limit Increase Issues

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One Spark Card Credit Limit Increase Issues

I currently have 2 Capital One Cards.  One is a Quicksilver One that began at $500 credit limit and now at 1 year is at $9000.  I have a Spark Business Card as well that has been stuck at $1000 credit limit.  I have used this Card exactly like I did on my personal with high use age and paying off numerous times per month; however I have been stuck with getting a $100 credit limit increase each time requested, which I deny each time.  I spoke with a representative at the executive office and she recommended I apply for another card instead, which I did, and was denied for too many credit inquiries.  I am in a game of phone tag with the EO again regarding the denial for too many credit inquiries as well as the low CLI approval, but I'm just curious what other people's experience has been with this. 

5 REPLIES 5
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark Card Credit Limit Increase Issues

@Anonymous wrote:

I currently have 2 Capital One Cards.  One is a Quicksilver One that began at $500 credit limit and now at 1 year is at $9000.  I have a Spark Business Card as well that has been stuck at $1000 credit limit.  I have used this Card exactly like I did on my personal with high use age and paying off numerous times per month; however I have been stuck with getting a $100 credit limit increase each time requested, which I deny each time.  I spoke with a representative at the executive office and she recommended I apply for another card instead, which I did, and was denied for too many credit inquiries.  I am in a game of phone tag with the EO again regarding the denial for too many credit inquiries as well as the low CLI approval, but I'm just curious what other people's experience has been with this. 

I haven't had a credit limit increase on my Spark card in ages. Capital One has a bad attitude lately.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 2 of 6
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

Same here. no CLI. Got mine with a $500 CL. Then got $1k CLI and then $250. Had it for more than a year. Huge useage and payments each month. They told me to app a new one too and I got denied. So now I have app'd and gotten the Amex Simply Cash Plus. I will pay off the Spark and SD it until it dies. I don't need Crapital One anymore. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Same exact experince and my patience is wearing thin! As soon as there's another solid 2% busines card I'll probably switch

My experience here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Spark-Business-Cash-too-low-won-t-budge-on-intial-in...

Message 4 of 6
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Same exact experince and my patience is wearing thin! As soon as there's another solid 2% busines card I'll probably switch

My experience here: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Business-Credit/Spark-Business-Cash-too-low-won-t-budge-on-intial-increase/td-p/4809825

I notice you have the Ink card. Is that subject to the 5/24 rule by chance?

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm not sure as this is the only Chase card we have but I would assume it is.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.