Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark... Credit Needed?

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Spark... Credit Needed?

Capital One seems to be making a huge business turn around in cards offered, customer treatment, and possibly even US Based Call Centers.... What is about minimum requirements to get approved for a Spark Business Account? 620?

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark... Credit Needed?

When I originally opened my Spark card I did it with a credit score right about 600 and they opened it at $500.  After an EO call (and MUCH better credit) they upped it to $10k.  Now it's at $12.5k.  I love the 2x miles per $1 and the ease of redeeming miles.  It really is a great card, so much so that my next personal card may be the personal equivalent (Venture).  

Message 2 of 16
jaicam5
Valued Member

I just applied and approved last week. Was approved for $2000. My current scores are in my signature (minus 10 points on the experian that wasn't there when I applied). I asked the same question to a rep but was not able to get a straight answer. Just kept repeating that I can get an auto cli in 3 months.

Message 3 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I applied... Surprisingly not instantly denied!
Gave it 4 days and called today and still in processing... A hold was placed because they mailed letter to verify address (I have a capital one personal at same address?)
She says so since you confirm you applied we will continue processing.
I asked her at lease 3 times if the letter was a denial and nothing to do with a hold and she kept saying no.

I'll take a full page color ad out in the newspaper if they approve me!!!!
Message 4 of 16
Mrjstics
Valued Member

Good luck!

Personal: Macys(300), Amazon Rewards Visa(500), Barclay NFL(1250), Havertys(2000), NFCU Sig(14,000), NFCU Go Rewards(14,000)

Business: Cap One Sparks(1500)
Message 5 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:
Gave it 4 days and called today and still in processing... A hold was placed because they mailed letter to verify address (I have a capital one personal at same address?)
I asked her at lease 3 times if the letter was a denial and nothing to do with a hold and she kept saying no.

Any update?

Message 6 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Any update?

Just called and the exec rep im working with has not heard... he talks a lot trying to talk his way out of things but he isn't smart enough so he makes it worse because he keeps talking... anyway, he says now he hopes to get an answer and call me later today... I won't hold my breath and will give it until tuesday to follow back up! The girl I normally contact had to pass this onto this guy because she was leaving for vacation... so hard once you find someone good to deal with someone else!!

Message 7 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

He is an EPIC ...... i have been working on not letting people (banks) get me so worked up so this pushed me to my edge almost...

so this is the guy that the girl I have worked with before in the Exec office pushed my file to since she was going on vacation... I wish I had waited now.

remember in my post I stated that he seems to change his story to try to stay with me and make me happy but he just makes it worse because he is to *slow* to think ahead of me.... I mean that when you already are unsure of what you are talking about and then you try to keep up with a conversation that is above you, it makes it worse... he isn't in the right department since he is referencing questions from credit department but then tries to change that he gets it and that is silly.... this is kind of how it went:

Juri from Capital One Executive Office: Sorry for the delays in me getting back to you, I wanted to make sure I had answers before I called you back (it was suppose to be friday he called me back)

he continues to say that he shows the application is still pending but credit department can't find the application so he was wondering if I had any reference number or application number I could give him to give to credit so he could move this along (see we are 15 seconds in and we are taking a turn for bad already)

Me: Wait, Do you see my pending application or can you not find my application?

Juri: I see your pending application in the system but I'm just in exec office and the credit department that needs to review this says they can't find the application, so they asked I reach out to you to see about a reference number.

Me: But you see an application? so why can they not see the same thing?

Juri: Well the thing is the reference number with the pending application I see does not work they say.

Me: I have received 2 pieces of mail saying I applied and 1 of my addresses does not match on the credit report BUT if I did apply not to worry, they will continue to process after x number of days but the letter was being sent in case I didn't apply.... but that's why I called the exec office to begin with because the app address matches my personal capital one card already, and I confirmed it 2 with regular reps before contacting exec office because everyone was giving me dates late in oct and I don't understand what's happening.

Juri: yes, we did send those letters, we do have the application... that's what I thought was interesting that the credit department couldn't pull up the application that I see pending here.... I'm trying to get you the answers, and I agree with you.....

Me: STOP... no, that's not what you started out with until I stated how for lack of kinder words "Stupid" the question is from the exec office to customer calling about application issues says they see pending but can't pulll an application... then you just said no issue if I don't have a reference number we can just wait for the pending status to update after it gets reviewed.... isn't that exactly the department that is calling you asking how to find the applciation.... do you understand these are internal capital one issues that should be address without calling customer and you are exec office.... I don't have anyone above you to call.... so that upsets me, makes me nervous and you show pending... I show 3 HARD CREDIT PULLS... either find the app or remove the credit pulls. I have to hang up now before I scream at you and please don't call me asking questions that need to be handled internally by your company.

and I did that... I hung up.

I know it's hard to see tone, and flow of conversation so great online but it sure felt like peggy... not exec office.

really I would not be bothered so much by either him not knowing something, or someone else not knowing something, but it rubs me the wrong way when he back tracks in the conversation and tries to act like he agrees with me or that was his point with someone else, but just before i questioned something or made that point, he was asking me the question....

i really would assume declined but i don't understand if it wasn't approved why it would get sent into this section of the system anyway.... like address reviews and questions seems like credit has passed... but im not sure....

Message 8 of 16
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark... Update... APPROVED!!

HOLY COW APPROVED!!!

I called in today and spoke with another EO Person and she was able to locate and said that someone else besides Yuri had been working on it and was actually looking to reach out to me today so great that you called and it was approved.

Just $500 but like I said I'm little surprised it was approved at all so I will TAKE IT! Once I get this mess cleaned up with my Infiniti then I will go back to them for upgrade to the full Cash Rewards of 2% vs. the Classic that I applied for and a CLI.

MADE MY DAY!!

Message 9 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark... Update... APPROVED!!

Little steps, CONGRATS!!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.