Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Miles Approved

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Capital One Spark Miles Approved

I applied about 3.5 weeks ago for another Venture and a Spark Miles card and they both went pending.  Last week after calling every week, I was told the Venture app was declined.  I wrote it off as both apps were declined.  Yesterday a piece of mail showed up saying Congrats Spark Miles approved... wait for another envelope for details... Tonight, I just received this e-mail:

Thank you for putting Capital One® in your wallet. Here’s to earning unlimited rewards for your business.

Right now, we’re busy personalizing your new card and making sure it’s good to go. As soon as it’s in the mail, we’ll send you a quick heads up. It’s great doing business with you.

YOUR CARD AT A GLANCE
REWARDS
Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day. Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months.
CREDIT LINE
$7500 credit limit (including cash advance limit of $3750).
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
17.24% variable APR on purchases and transfers. No transfer fee.
MEMBERSHIP FEE
$0 intro annual fee for the first year, $59 after that.
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

Re: Capital One Spark Miles Approved

@Creditaddict wrote:

I applied about 3.5 weeks ago for another Venture and a Spark Miles card and they both went pending.  Last week after calling every week, I was told the Venture app was declined.  I wrote it off as both apps were declined.  Yesterday a piece of mail showed up saying Congrats Spark Miles approved... wait for another envelope for details... Tonight, I just received this e-mail:

Thank you for putting Capital One® in your wallet. Here’s to earning unlimited rewards for your business.

Right now, we’re busy personalizing your new card and making sure it’s good to go. As soon as it’s in the mail, we’ll send you a quick heads up. It’s great doing business with you.

YOUR CARD AT A GLANCE
REWARDS
Earn unlimited 2 miles per dollar on every purchase, every day. Earn 50,000 bonus miles when you spend $4,500 in the first 3 months.
CREDIT LINE
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
MEMBERSHIP FEE

Nice bonus. Enjoy..

Message 2 of 8
mattmyFIC0
Established Contributor

Congrats! Seems like a decent SL for the Spark cards

Scores 01/04/2017: EQ 719, TU 750, EX 716
Goal scores: 740 across the board
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats CA!!! What a nice surprise
Message 4 of 8
chbartel
Regular Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

YOUR CARD AT A GLANCE
REWARDS
CREDIT LINE
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
MEMBERSHIP FEE

Nice bonus. Enjoy..

credit card companies will never make sense to me....

my scores are aout 30+ higher then yours, have a thick file, 15 buiness tradelines.

I got appoved at 5k for Spark 6 months ago. Run between 3k-10k a month through it, pay it in full and pay it 4-5 times a month to zero balance.

Have asked for credit line increase no go.

I email executive office and send them screen shots of my $50k BJ's business mastercard and my Sams non PG mastercard that has a $26,400 limit. I ask them to raise to $25k to match my other cards. They respond back and raise it to only $7,500....

Message 5 of 8
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chbartel wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

YOUR CARD AT A GLANCE
REWARDS
CREDIT LINE
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE RATE
MEMBERSHIP FEE

Nice bonus. Enjoy..

credit card companies will never make sense to me....

my scores are aout 30+ higher then yours, have a thick file, 15 buiness tradelines.

I got appoved at 5k for Spark 6 months ago. Run between 3k-10k a month through it, pay it in full and pay it 4-5 times a month to zero balance.

Have asked for credit line increase no go.

I email executive office and send them screen shots of my $50k BJ's business mastercard and my Sams non PG mastercard that has a $26,400 limit. I ask them to raise to $25k to match my other cards. They respond back and raise it to only $7,500....

Tell me about it... my current Spark is at $2k and I have had it for over 3 years and they will not raise it.

I was declined another Venture applied for on the same day this spark gets approved.

another odd bank story... helping a friend yesterday, she has 2 cap1 cards with $500 limits each... applies for discover and gets $2500.  her husband is AU on her 2 cap1 cards and gets approved a $15k venture and $3k QS back to back and go over to discover and gets just $1500!

Message 6 of 8
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the Cap One approval!

You received a different letter than I received. I received a pair of letters that outline the APR and rewards, but not the credit line(s) yet. I hope the cards arrive soon because the 2% rewards will make this my go-to card for non-bonused spending.

I applied in a Capital One branch though, so perhaps that is why the letter is different.

I'm not sure if the offer was limited to business checking account customers, but Capital One has been offering the Sparks 2% cards with no annual fee in branch. Capital One wouldn't apply the upgraded rewards to the existing card , so I applied for new cards and I guess I'll move the existing credit line to the new cards.

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 7 of 8
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats on the approval
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.