Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One Spark Rebuild

tag
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

Capital One Spark Rebuild

Hi All,

I thought I'd share my journey with capital one post bankruptcy. As you may know from my previous post, I was approved for a Spark Classic Card late 2018 for 2000 dollars.

Fast forward today, I hit the CLI button and they increased it to 6500, plus I called them and asked if there was any upgrades on my account, I took the Cash Rewards Signature Visa. Low and behold, I get the card in the mail and what do you know, it's a signature Smiley Happy

I don't even get that much love from my main bank which has had over 500k flow through it post bankruptcy.  Oh well.

Capital One will forever be in my wallet, not only did I burn them in my Bankruptcy, they've been the first bank to give me a card above 5k since my bankruptcy and the first bank that I didn't have to jump through hoops with. 

All scores in the 670's, but I utilize credit to extend my cashflow. So, my utilization varies 40-75%.

Interesting datapoint:

When I applied for both my capital one cards, Barclay quickly CLD'd my Apple card. When I was notified of the CLD, I called and closed the card on the spot. I told them I don't have time for a bank that's ego bruises faster than a banana.  I felt like I was walking on eggshells with them anyways. 

One other dp, I did pay both my cards down to 0 before applying for the CLI, this was approx 5300 dollars.

Thanks!

Coming Soon
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Re: Capital One Spark Rebuild

I like capital one. No problems and the cards always work.

Message 2 of 6
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@Brian_Earl_Spilner wrote:

I like capital one. No problems and the cards always work.

That's another thing. Their cards work. You are exactly right. 

Coming Soon
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@titancylinder wrote:

Hi All,

I thought I'd share my journey with capital one post bankruptcy. As you may know from my previous post, I was approved for a Spark Classic Card late 2018 for 2000 dollars.

Fast forward today, I hit the CLI button and they increased it to 6500, plus I called them and asked if there was any upgrades on my account, I took the Cash Rewards Signature Visa. Low and behold, I get the card in the mail and what do you know, it's a signature Smiley Happy

I don't even get that much love from my main bank which has had over 500k flow through it post bankruptcy.  Oh well.

Capital One will forever be in my wallet, not only did I burn them in my Bankruptcy, they've been the first bank to give me a card above 5k since my bankruptcy and the first bank that I didn't have to jump through hoops with. 

All scores in the 670's, but I utilize credit to extend my cashflow. So, my utilization varies 40-75%.

Interesting datapoint:

When I applied for both my capital one cards, Barclay quickly CLD'd my Apple card. When I was notified of the CLD, I called and closed the card on the spot. I told them I don't have time for a bank that's ego bruises faster than a banana.  I felt like I was walking on eggshells with them anyways. 

One other dp, I did pay both my cards down to 0 before applying for the CLI, this was approx 5300 dollars.

Thanks!

Wow, Barclay is jealous.  How old was your Barclay account when you did the 2 apps?

Message 4 of 6
titancylinder
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@titancylinder wrote:

Hi All,

Interesting datapoint:

Thanks!

Wow, Barclay is jealous.  How old was your Barclay account when you did the 2 apps?

Approved for Apple Rewards July 2017, Both Capital One's same day Octoberish 18.  

Coming Soon
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Glad to hear your experience with CapitalOne has been positive.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.