Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One for Personal and Business under 6 months apart

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital One for Personal and Business under 6 months apart

Again, I want to thank y’all for all the great information I have gleaned from the forums.

I know this should probably be listed in the Business Credit section, but I am putting it here so that if it can 

possibly help someone else, it would be more visible. My wife and I were discharged from bankruptcy mid October, immediately were approved for Capital One platinum cards, upgraded both to QuickSilver the first part of this month. Mine bumped $100 CLI the same day as the upgrade. Today I called Capital One business cards and was told I could apply for a business card. I questioned the one card every 6 months rule, and the customer service rep said that he thought that since one was personal and one was business that I would be ok. Apped online, the Capital One Spark Classic, and was immediately approved for $500(the smallest amount I believe). 

Just throwing it it out there in case it can help someone else. From everything I have read that Capital One reports business cards on personal credit reports. And....I’m just pretty excited on my 2nd approval on my slow and steady path on my new and permanent credit journey to as close as I can get to 850.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: Capital One for Personal and Business under 6 months apart

Congrats on a very nice approval. Wish you lots of luck on your rebuild.

Due to the nature of your post though, this will most likely moved to Business credit forum . Feel free to share your story in the rebuild forum , im sure lots will love to hear your progressSmiley Happy
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! What were your scores?

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don’t a current FICO Score, last time I checked it was 573 on 12-25-17

Discover Credit ScoreCard 581

Credit Karma 575 TU and 592 EX

Credit Sesame 589

Credit Wise 575

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.