Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Capital One's new Spark Business Cards: 2% w/NPSL, $150 AF or 1.5% w/no AF

tag
SMB85
New Contributor

Capital One's new Spark Business Cards: 2% w/NPSL, $150 AF or 1.5% w/no AF

It looks like Capital One is starting to grow up and offer more premium business card products. They're also working on airport lounges?

https://www.capitalone.com/about/newsroom/small-business-card-product-portfolio/

Features of the new Spark Cash Plus card include: 

• Unlimited 2% cash back on every purchase
  • Enjoy a one-time bonus of up to $1,000: $500 once you spend $5,000 in the first three months, and an additional $500 once you spend $50,000 in the first six months
  • Earn an annual $200 cash bonus for every year you spend $200,000 or more on the card
  • No preset spending limit; your purchasing power adapts to your spending and payment behaviors 
  • Free employee cards 
  • $0 fraud liability if your card is lost or stolen
  • Your balance is due in full every month, otherwise you’ll be charged a 2.99% monthly late fee
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • Annual fee of $150 

Features of the Spark Cash Select card include: 

• Unlimited 1.5% cash back on every purchase
  • One version is great for businesses with Good credit and will offer a 0% introductory APR for 12 months 
  • The other version is ideal for businesses with Excellent credit and will offer a one-time $500 cash bonus when cardholders spend $4,500 in the first 3 months
  • Free employee cards 
  • $0 fraud liability if your card is lost or stolen
  • No foreign transaction fees
  • No annual fee

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
webrobby
Established Member

Re: Capital One's new Spark Business Cards: 2% w/NPSL, $150 AF or 1.5% w/no AF

I genuienly can't imagine this product helping anyone so long as Capital One reports their business charge/credit cards to the personal credit bureaus each month and affects your % Util by showing what your "business" is spending on your personal credit report.  Would not trust them with my business spending until they stop intertwining business and personal spending.

Message 2 of 7
SMB85
New Contributor

Word was their Spark Cash card was no longer reporting with new apps. Perhaps this product doesn't report either?

Message 3 of 7
webrobby
Established Member

@SMB85 wrote:

Word was their Spark Cash card was no longer reporting with new apps. Perhaps this product doesn't report either?

I read the terms for this new charge card and it does appear they'll leave the everyday spending off your personal credit - which is good.  Only negative I can think of is just like Amex - they'll use what they see in your personal credit file and your business credit files jointly to underwrite your "no pre set spending limit".  Taken from the terms and conditions:

Will This Card Be Reflected On My Personal Credit Report?
Late payments, missed payments or other defaults on your account may be reflected on your personal credit report.

Will This Card Be Reflected On My Business Credit Report?
Several items may be reflected on your business credit report. Items may include but are not limited to statement balance, late payments, missed payments or other defaults.
Message 4 of 7
CreditAficionado9
Established Member

Is it a triple pull for the biz cards like it is for the personal ones?

Message 5 of 7
ScorpioRising
New Contributor

@CreditAficionado9 wrote:

Is it a triple pull for the biz cards like it is for the personal ones?

Yes.

Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@webrobby wrote:

I genuienly can't imagine this product helping anyone so long as Capital One reports their business charge/credit cards to the personal credit bureaus each month and affects your % Util by showing what your "business" is spending on your personal credit report.  Would not trust them with my business spending until they stop intertwining business and personal spending.

I would have to agree. The most important aspect of business is to keep it seperate from your personal life. I will attempt to build business credit that soley reports to business cra's. I do understand if you go bad on them they want you to pay dearly on both business and personal. That is why it is so important to keep your business affairs strictly business.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.