Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Bank: Merge Sign-in Accounts?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Bank: Merge Sign-in Accounts?

I recently added Chase Business Checking & Chase Ink Unlimited. Previously I've had a Chase personal checking & a couple of CCs. When I set up a page for the business cards I purposely did not merge the two, remembering something vague from a MF thread that it was not optimal and, once done, could not be undone.

I've expereinced difficulty moving funds between the Chase Business account and other bank accounts because: external accounts are already listed under my personal account and so I get an error message; there's no way to add the Chase personal account (unless both personal & business are linked on the sign-in page). So I've been told. 

Is there a work around as is? What am I giving up (permanently?) by linking the business to the personal?

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: Chase Bank: Merge Sign-in Accounts?

You can have business accounts under a personal login but it's permanent from my understaning it cannot be undone. Having personal accounts on/under your business login is doable and can be undone if you do not want it anymore.

For me I still have both logins for my Chase accounts active at the present time whether intentional or not. My personal login has all cards - primary or authorized user - like the CSR, FU, Freedom, and United cards all under one login. My business login has all the cards of my personal login plus the CIPs and CIC.

I'm not sure if that's the kind of information you're looking for but that's my experience. You can look here at the Flyertalk topic for more info.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1396642-how-link-chase-personal-business-acco...

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

You can have business accounts under a personal login but it's permanent from my understaning it cannot be undone. Having personal accounts on/under your business login is doable and can be undone if you do not want it anymore.

For me I still have both logins for my Chase accounts active at the present time whether intentional or not. My personal login has all cards - primary or authorized user - like the CSR, FU, Freedom, and United cards all under one login. My business login has all the cards of my personal login plus the CIPs and CIC.

I'm not sure if that's the kind of information you're looking for but that's my experience. You can look here at the Flyertalk topic for more info.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/chase-ultimate-rewards/1396642-how-link-chase-personal-business-acco...

Thank you.

I had read "something" might be lost by combining the accounts but didn't recall what. Reading that thread you linked I come across: 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhdena View Post
If there are two separate logins for business and personal, you can call the number on the back of the business card to combine the personal login to the business login. Then you can combine points between all cards on the same login.

If your biz login uses the old website, you will lose the pre-approved offers if you do this.

************************************************************************************************************

Is this what is lost -- the green checkmark offers that bypass 5/24 (which, with me being lol/24, is potentially a nice benefit)?

Message 3 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Is this what is lost -- the green checkmark offers that bypass 5/24 (which, with me being lol/24, is potentially a nice benefit)?

This might be the case with regards to the personal core cards getting offers like the CSP/CSR and FU/Freedom cards for instance. Ever since the merger I haven't see one yet but you do get access to the business green (black) checkmarks. I had one for the one Ink card I do not have yet the Chase Ink Unlimited which had a solid APR just last month. Didn't go for it but it was definitely there. If you want personal card offers to come I wouldn't do it just to be safe.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I do want to add a CSP or CSR at some point, then I'm done on the personal side.

Any suggestions on how to move money around between accounts (without calling)? 

Message 5 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I do want to add a CSP or CSR at some point, then I'm done on the personal side.

Not that I can think of. Is the issue not being able to add the checking accounts to your other login, correct?

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not that I can think of. Is the issue not being able to add the checking accounts to your other login, correct?

Right. Because any account listed with the personal account I've been unable to add to the business account. Plus I can't transfer between the two Chase accounts (without calling).

So right now if I want to transfer 1k from Chase Biz to NFCU I need to: call in and have a csr move 1k to Chase personal account; then log in and transfer from Chase personal to NFCU.

Surely there's an easier way?

Message 7 of 13
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Gonna be honest here and say I'm stumped. Smiley Frustrated

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@simplynoir wrote:

Gonna be honest here and say I'm stumped. Smiley Frustrated

That makes two of us. Smiley Frustrated

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Why don't you just link the account with "Money" in it, to the Bank you want to tranfer Money to? 

You're allowed to have several external accounts linked.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.