Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Chase Buisness Ink application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase Buisness Ink application

Hi guys.
I applied for a Chase buisness ink card a few days ago.
Upon my my app, I received this message..
* We have received your request for a Chase credit card. We'll let you know our decision by U.S. mail .
This could take up to 30 days.
Thank you for choosing chase.
* I also received an email from Chase stating that they will let me know in 30 days.
* I called the status line about one our later and the robo lady said....
Thank you for applying, your application is being reviewed. You will me notified of our decision in 7-10 buisness days in writing.

What do you guys think of my chances of being approved ?
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

Re: Chase Buisness Ink application

Following this thread--I'm in the same situation. I applied about a week ago.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good luck to you !
I am in Hope's that we both get the card. :-)
Let me know if you hear anything.....
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys, any updates on your application?

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Does Chase do instant approvals?  Amex says 30 seconds for approval.  Chase and Amex seem like the most competitive business credit cards but Chase seems to have a lower approval rate as per Credit Karma.

I have top scores and well established personal credit and it tells me Amex Business cards are excellent approval odds, but Chase is only fair approval odds.  I wonder how accurate this is and why the large difference between the two when both require personal guarantees.  The Amex has a more relevant rewards program to me and I have an existing relationship with them and Chase already for personal cards.  

Message 5 of 10
simplynoir
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Do not trust Credit Karma as a barometer for your odds of getting approved. More often than not is it simply marketing to drive potential customers to certain cards.

There are a lot of factors when Chase considers apps that we are not aware of and sometimes as a result they go pending wiht you getting a 30 day message. If it is not an instant approval it's not the end of the world. Sometimes the timing is such that they simply have to give it a quick overview before approving it. What some experience, especially with the Chase business cards, is they'll ask you about the nature of your business, revenue, source of income, etc. before approving your card. Then sometimes it's simply calling in to verify it was you who applied for the credit card by verbally confirming a few security questions or having a verification code sent the cell phone number on the app. They might even go a step further by having you send in documenation such as a copy of your driver's license and/or social security card before proceeding with your app.

AMEX from my experience I haven't had an app go pending yet and knew within 30 seconds whether or not I got approved but as with anything credit related YMMV.

Message 6 of 10
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Hey guys, any updates on your application?

They wanted written verification (like a stationary head or similar) of my business which I could not  provide at the time. So I'm going to wait until next August and apply for the card again if I feel I still need it--with written verification in hand at a Chase branch.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always wanted to get a ink card but since I have been reading app reviews about this, I changed my mind now and do not consider getting it anymore...lots of verification/inspection process. I would say, Not having Chase ink card isn't the end of the world...lol 😉
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I always wanted to get a ink card but since I have been reading app reviews about this, I changed my mind now and do not consider getting it anymore...lots of verification/inspection process. I would say, Not having Chase ink card isn't the end of the world...lol 😉

Not sure what their specific circumstances were/are, but doesnt seem likely to need to provide a "letterhead" if you have your EIN, Taxes, Articles filed w Secretary of state or other things to prove a business exists, in order to open a business account.

Im waiting 10 more days to apply so my utilzation goes as low as possible juuuust in case.  Hope they nazi the heck out of my app and Im disappointed lol

Message 9 of 10
ToughFistFight
Frequent Contributor

You guys. My biz app was instant approval. They are just like any other credit provider. All of my business cards, which isnt that many, havent asked for any proof, maybe because the length of time the biz has been open. 18 years, incorporated for 13. There are so many variables, it's hard to pin point what matters.
Now, the biz checking is the regular stuff. That was more paperwork and waiting around than an app for a biz card.

Chase Business Ink 20k PenFed Plat Rewards VS 25k NFCU Go Rewards 20k BECU 30k Chase FU 6k GM Biz 21k NFCU Flag 21k Amex BCP 26k Disco IT 18k FNBO Biz 11k Costco Citi Biz 8.1k Amex EDP 2k Gold Delta Skymiles Biz 5k Amazon Prime 10k USBank Cash 12k Amex Biz Plat Rewards NPSL Amex BCB NPSL
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.